The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
bumbleboy
I think the offical line is they wont reconsider students who have reached interview but not been offered a place. Although nothing is set in stone so there's little to lose by reapplying, especially if your resitting as the scottish unis and cambridge dont take resits.

The scottish unis do say that but my friend got an offer from edinburgh last year and had resat chemistry- I guess it just depends on the strength of your application- and of course loads of work experience always helps!
Reply 41
See that sort of proves my point, at the end of the day, its all down the the uni's so if your prepared to work hard and keep on pestering the universites there's always a chance.
I got a letter in the post today and can now log into the questionairre.

There are some tricky questions in there, and only 2 weeks to do them in! (Most of which I am on an ecology trip in wales for..eeek)
Reply 43
Ugh, I hate my college. If they had sent off my application off when they were sposed to, I could have been filling in all this stuff. As it is I have no letter, and no email from either Nottingham or Bristol. Grr.
I'm keen to discover how similar the questions are to last year, so want the letter ASAP! I have last year's copy on my PC still. Having read all my answers back I'm ready to improve, to be honest :p: Just like I was with the PS.
Reply 44
Looks pretty much the same to me!
Reply 45
bumbleboy
Looks pretty much the same to me!

Haha, well the answer's are sat there if I need them then :p: But I really do think I'll just do it all again from scratch! I mean, I didn't get an interview last year or anything, so it's not like last year's answers did me much good anyway :wink:
Reply 46
Yep same here, thats why im going to take a few days to think what i want to say, I was in such a rush to get it sent last year.
Reply 47
bumbleboy
Yep same here, thats why im going to take a few days to think what i want to say, I was in such a rush to get it sent last year.

Sounds like a plan.
But I'm gettiing more and more impatient, waiting for it to arrive!
Reply 48
givvy
I thought nottingham said they wouldnt accept reapplications from students who got to interview and were then not offered a place? or is that the RVC?

Think everyone else has answered what I said :biggrin:
There cant be any harm in trying again, as people have been rejected after interview and then reconsidered....when I asked for feedback as to why I was not given an offer I was told that it was due to the competition....so there was nothing wrong with me just too many people that would be good enough that some had to be rejected?! :p:
Reply 49
blahhh
Think everyone else has answered what I said :biggrin:
There cant be any harm in trying again, as people have been rejected after interview and then reconsidered....when I asked for feedback as to why I was not given an offer I was told that it was due to the competition....so there was nothing wrong with me just too many people that would be good enough that some had to be rejected?! :p:

omg totally!
I guess i just had it in my head that a big flag came up on their system if you had an interview before but its good to know thats not the case!
and also nice to know some accept resits aswell :smile:
:smile: Got mine too, and ive done the same as some others by printing it off etc.
Some qs are a bit :s and the 30 word limit- grrrrrr
Reply 51
charlie6591

ive had the email from nottingham saying theyve received my application and saying that i need to complete the online questionnaire - but how do i find the online questionnaire to fill it in?!?!?!?! please help!

cheers :confused:

I have got a letter through the post today giving me my password and a link through to the questionnaire - i never even got the e-mail but i only sent it off on friday...
Reply 52
nellied
I have got a letter through the post today giving me my password and a link through to the questionnaire - i never even got the e-mail but i only sent it off on friday...

me too! I sent mine on saturday I think, my letter arrived yesterday but still no email. Unfortunately my letter arrived at home and I'm at uni... so I've got to wait till my mom gets time to either scan it and email it to me or post it till I can do the questionairre :mad: ARGH! so i cant even start thinking of answers
Reply 53
when is the deadline for the questionnaire? cuz the letter is dated the 8th october and 14 days means the deadline is next wednesday (in like 5 days!!!)

its not really fair though cuz they werent posted out till like the 13th!!!

what do you guys think?
Reply 54
Awww that's mean. I got mine today and it was dated the 15th. First class so they probs sent them yesterday. I'm sure 5 days will be enough? But it is a bit odd :p:
Reply 55
i got letter about questionaire today! so excited!:biggrin: :smile:
Reply 56
It's so HARD and WEEEIRD. Lol.
Reply 57
DId anyone else look at the questions and go OMG there is no way i can think of an answer to that!!

I have printed a copy off and i keep looking at it but can't come up with the answers - its making me feel like a bad person - plus trying not to apply it all to the same area of situtions i.e. my job is really hard :confused:

I'm feeling a rejection stamp on my UCAS track coming very shortly....

p.s anyone else already know there ucas track password / ID by heart already, even though i know u only here of offers/rejections on there n not the interviews lol
Reply 58
I know what you mean, nellied. Some of the questions are a bit tricky as well, because it's hard to understand what they're getting at. Like, you can think of it like this, but do they mean this? I'm finding it hard to think of different things too. Be positve! Give it your best shot :smile: In response to your PS, I had memorised my ID, until my UCAS letter came this morning and returned to me my second-hand one from last year :p: I was confused to say the least. It better be lucky this time :biggrin:
is it the same questionnaire as last years? Its one of the reasons i didnt pick notts. ( i had a copy from when that guy at vetmedlink accidentally gave out the website)

Latest

Trending

Trending