The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sam Rawlings
Blah! I hate you:o: you're so lucky- i really wanted to go there. Apparently i was rejected because although i was a strong applicant, they had to reject alot of strong applicants due to the lack of space on the course.

hehe, I feel special now! But they always say the same thing on rejections. where do you think you'll go instead? I'm sure you will enjoy it all the same.
missruthian
hehe, I feel special now! But they always say the same thing on rejections. where do you think you'll go instead? I'm sure you will enjoy it all the same.

Birmingham which i'm still excited about...but it's not St.Andrews lol. To be honest i wasn't really expecting them to reject me at such a late date let alone at all but that's the way it goes.
to whoever neg repped me.. yes, St Andrews will suit me just fine (which is why I applied there)! I'm quite excited about it thanks very much.
Reply 583
Anyone accepting Bath as their firm? :smile:
Sam Rawlings
Birmingham which i'm still excited about...but it's not St.Andrews lol. To be honest i wasn't really expecting them to reject me at such a late date let alone at all but that's the way it goes.

Bristol did the same to me. I was waiting for ages and then out of the blue 'Unsuccessful'. Then when I asked for feedback I just got the generic e-mail 'High demand, not enough spaces bla bla bla'.

You just gotta roll with the punches man. And at least you've got somewhere to go, a few of my friends got rejected from most (if not all) of their offers :frown:
cmcguigan470
Bristol did the same to me. I was waiting for ages and then out of the blue 'Unsuccessful'. Then when I asked for feedback I just got the generic e-mail 'High demand, not enough spaces bla bla bla'.

You just gotta roll with the punches man. And at least you've got somewhere to go, a few of my friends got rejected from most (if not all) of their offers :frown:

Yeah it must suck to be your friends at the moment, sorry to hear that. Have you got all offers apart from Bristol obviously?- I hear Bristol are very selective in who they choose; my friend got rejected despite getting A*'s/A's at GCSE and is predicted 40/45 on IB. It makes me wonder what they exactly are looking for (as with St.Andrews). Where are you planning to go?
Sam Rawlings
Yeah it must suck to be your friends at the moment, sorry to hear that. Have you got all offers apart from Bristol obviously?- I hear Bristol are very selective in who they choose; my friend got rejected despite getting A*'s/A's at GCSE and is predicted 40/45 on IB. It makes me wonder what they exactly are looking for (as with St.Andrews). Where are you planning to go?

Yeah, they just chose all the really competitive universities for competitive courses. Or else applied to so many different courses that their personal statement was split up too much. :frown:

Yeah I got all mine but Bristol!
It was a kick in the pants when they rejected me like, and I was a bit gutted. But then I got into UCL and I was happy again! :biggrin:
(And funny thing, out of the 25 or so people at my UCL interview day who I talked to and had applied to Bristol for psychology, only one had got an offer!)

I've heard they prioritize with people who live near Bristol (but then again that's only hearsay.)
Don't think St Andrews is that same though, it's kind of near nowhere of huge importance but Edinburgh. And even then, I've been told the student body is mostly English!
Reply 587
Unconditional offers to Bristol, St. Andrews, UCL, Durham, and York...any tips/suggestions? I won't be able to visit any of them as I'm in the US, but from what I've heard, I'm leaning toward Bristol or UCL just because I'd rather be in a city environment. Between the two, is there any significant difference in prestige? Would the extra cost of London life be worth it?

Thanks!

Emily
Reply 588
UCL edges over Bristol slightly for reputation but both are very respected unis. I myself chose Bristol because I feel that there's more of a student community than in London which is more physically fragmented and although I really love London, I felt it was a bit too busy and tiring to live and commute through every day. And also the cost! Oh the cost! :p:

Bristol's department has literally just been refurbished and it's so pretty! :love: The departments themselves are arguable of equal excellence.

Accommodation is also much much nicer in Bristol, though that shouldn't really be a deciding factor, so not sure what the point was of me mentioning that :p: Anyway, have you got any pros and cons for each that you've thought of yourself already?
Reply 589
Yeah, mostly the cost and the community. From what I've heard, it's not too difficult to get to London from Bristol anyway, so it's not as if a few day-trips would be out of the question.

I used to live in Manhattan, I'm no stranger to the hustle and bustle :wink:
Reply 590
I am from Bristol, and I can not recommend it highly enough. You will never find that you have nothing to do at night, and unlike london, if you know your stuff, you don't have to pay too much either.
You can get from bristol to london fairly easily on the train, although it will cost you a fair bit, and it is only one journey to london paddington.
Not sure what the psychology department is like, as i have never visited it, but the uni is just a walk away from the center.
Any questions please ask.
Reply 591
heey..to all the psychology students out there...is there a great difference between the course book(Psychology by Gleitman) of the 6th and the 7th edition? because i wanted to have a look at them and now im wondering if i should buy the latest expensive one or the sixth version...any advices?
Bristol AAA [firm]
Exeter AAB [insurance]
York AAB
Herts BCC
Plymouth BBB
Reply 593
mattbrandon91
Bristol AAA [firm]
Exeter AAB [insurance]
York AAB
Herts BCC
Plymouth BBB

Bristol's my firm as well...good luck on your exams and [hopefully] see you soon!
Reply 594
Hey,

Anyone applied to Kent uni for Psychology???
I accepted it as my Firm and I haven't got an insurance...which was a decision.
I hope it wasn't the wrong one. eek.
Unfortunately I did terribly in my Ensligh Lit AS but fine in everything else and Exeter still said no :frown: I expected it I suppose.

Oh well, KENT!! :P

Congrats everyone on all of yor amazing offers!

~Nai x
Reply 595
My signature says it all... I think the Freud saga will be exciting =P

Latest