The Student Room Group

AH English - Reflective Essay

Hey, I'm struggling a little with getting the balance right in my adv english reflective essay. I'm writing about my best friend moving to America a few years ago, covering the topic of loss and dealing with it. Thing is, I think I'm getting too caught up in the events and emotions when she left rather than looking at loss in a wider sense? I've described her leaving in quite a lot of detail, then talked about my own emotions and what I went through, trying to reflect on responses to loss in a sort of general sense along with it but not sure if that's too personal rather than weighted towards reflecting. Anyone done their reflective essay got any advice?
Thanks
Reply 1
I dont know why this got moved cos I really need advice from the scottish forum :confused: but anyone who happens to be here and has done the scottish advanced higher english feel free to give me your opinion!
Reply 2
Well, I did a similar thing and it was really all about me, my feelings, how it affected me as a person etc., practically nothing on loss in general...so I think what you've done sounds fine.
Reply 3
Anyone with opinions on whether I should choose the Creative Writing folio or textural analysis? :s-smilie:

I can be quite good at creative writing...but at the same time its probably easier to get a better grade in textural analysis...
Ideas anyone?
Reply 4
I'd aaaalways go with the creative writing as you can draft and redraft it again and again until the deadline, helping you get a good grade for it if you're already quite good anyway :smile: textual analysis always seems a bit dodgy to me - sometimes you just get the poem and others you can end up down the wrong track and make it a lot more difficult for yourself. That's what I'm like anyway! Plus you get the great feeling of walking out of the exam after only an hour and a half when you do the folio :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending