The Student Room Group

How much notice given for Medicine Interviews??

Hi everyone I was just wondering how much notice universities give for interviews for Medicine courses GENERALLY. I know it varies alot therefore it would be helpful if people could give information on how long they/their friends got between receiving the letter of invitation and the interview date itself.

The reason I ask is that I need a weeks notice to get a day off work so it would be helpful to have an idea of how much time I will have to get the day off.

Also, if anyone could more specifically offer information on the actual universities that gave them the interview and particularly on the Universities of Nottingham, Newcastle, Leeds and Leicester that would really helpful. Thanks!
Reply 1
i got my letter on saturday and my interview's on the 27th. that said, somebody in my year got her letter today and her interview is a week tomorrow. this is for birmingham, however. might vary for the other unis. i think they generally send it a week or two in advance.
Reply 2
I think they usually give about 2/3 weeks, but it depends on the uni - some say on their sites, or e-mail/phone the admissions tutor as they will be able to tell you. Even better, they may be able to make it so you are given extra notice, if you explain the situation.
Reply 3
For St Georges - 3 weeks.
For UCL - 3 weeks.
For Cambridge - 1 month.
For Bham - 1 month.

Expect between 2/3 weeks really, maybe more. But keep whatever it is you want to do, within 2 weeks.
2 weeks twas for me. Hope that helps
Reply 5
quick question. for everyone saying they were invited 1/2 weeks before the actual interview, did you find you had enough time to prepare before had for the interview. im really panicking about getting an interview with 2 weeks notice and not preparing enough for it. in fact my gp said that i should be preparing now which is worrying me
Reply 6
I had a month's notice for manchester, sheffield and UEA. Got over two months notice for Leeds.
Reply 7
well yeah, start preparing now. reading the bbc health section on the website is good, because it's not in medical jargon that you might find harder to remember. reading about the structure of the nhs and changes that are likely to come in soon is a good idea. i've got 2 weeks left to revise for both my interview and my bmat, but it's not like revising for an exam where there's a set syllabus. just read whatever you can, whenever you can.
Do the unis send youn an email as well as a physical letter?

If they don't can somone give me the proper format to enter an international address into UCAS?
Reply 9
okay. does this apply to those applying from EU?! or internationally for that matter...?
if i have to go to england in 1-2 week's notice 3 times (wishful thinking) its going to cost a helluvalot!
Hyeree

if i have to go to england in 1-2 week's notice 3 times (wishful thinking) its going to cost a helluvalot!

As an EU student on the other side of Europe, I'll probably have to do just that.
Reply 11
AnonymousPenguin
As an EU student on the other side of Europe, I'll probably have to do just that.

:eek:
where do you live??
Hyeree
:eek:
where do you live??

Slovenia, just east of Italy.
Reply 13
lotusx
i got my letter on saturday and my interview's on the 27th. that said, somebody in my year got her letter today and her interview is a week tomorrow. this is for birmingham, however. might vary for the other unis. i think they generally send it a week or two in advance.

oo congrats
when did u send off your UCAS?
Reply 14
AnonymousPenguin
Slovenia, just east of Italy.

haha i thought you said the other side of the world.......... :p:
my bad. i need to sleep =D

it is going to cost a lot though :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending