The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'll join :biggrin:
Please, everyone's just jumping the bandwagon and loves obama and hates palin
This group is pointless, it'll end as soon as Obama wins in less than a months time. :wink:
Reply 43
el scorcho
she's a maverick GOSHDARNIT

You don't even know who you're insulting... Since when was Palin EVER a 'maverick'?
ssk2
You don't even know who you're insulting... Since when was Palin EVER a 'maverick'?

Apparently since McCain said so
Reply 45
Does my sig give me automatic membership?
cucumber sandwich
Please, everyone's just jumping the bandwagon and loves obama and hates palin

Or maybe most people have a brain and engaged it to realise she's a complete retard.
Reply 47
Kondar
Besides my admiration for McCain, that would be the only political issue that would draw me to his side.

I don't know if you all can access the latest economist, but it discussed in depth both candidates economic plans and has some 500 leading economists evaluate each plan. A majority of these economists, something along the lines of 80%, support Obama's economic approach.

sorry- this means you don't have your own oppinion
Bismarck
That would more accurately describe most people in this thread. Most are incapable of doing or thinking anything that's not politically cool.

I'm a liberal democrat, you go figure :rolleyes: In the US I'd imagine most people would think I'm a "commie" or something :wink:

No sane person would defend that Harpy. She is a national disgrace.
Bismarck
I could say the same about Obama, but supporting him is the cool thing to do in Europe, so most people here would undoubtedly disagree. And I love how you're so incapable of disputing her policies that you have to rely on a sexist retort.

Disputing her policies? Thanks but there's absolutely no need why we need a corrupt, anti environment, creationist, anti stem cell, anti sex ed, pro lifer a heartbeat away from the White House.
Reply 50
Choosing Sarah Palin was a big mistake by McCain. The thought of her becoming president of the most powerful country in the world is simply ridiculous.
Bismarck
And you couldn't say that instead of calling her a harpy? How would you like it if someone's dismissed Obama by calling him the N word? Or is racism bad while sexism is ok?

Harpy is sexist? :wtf?:
Reply 52
Hasan
Choosing Sarah Palin was a big mistake by McCain. The thought of her becoming president of the most powerful country in the world is simply ridiculous.

Yep as cynical as they come that choice.
Bismarck
No, it's a gender-neutral term. :rolleyes: Are you one of those people who thinks Palin is evil for daring to have a job instead of staying at home to raise her family?

Oh low blow! If you're going to assume my dislike of Palin clearly means I don't like female politicians, then I'll just go ahead and presume you'd rather Obama was working in the fields or something.

However if you can prove to me why it's sexist then I will apologise and whatnot. Though from my understanding it's a mythological creature and has since come to mean any evil woman. Possibly the same way which we exclusively refer to men as "bastards" or "sons of bitches". Is that sexist?
Reply 54
I'll join :woo:

I support Obama 'cos it's more fashionable to do so. The chicks dig it :cool: :teeth:
Bismarck
A harpy is grotesque externally and internally, and the former should not be relevant to a description of a politician.

Fine my bad. Externally I don't believe Palin is grotesque...quite the opposite actually, get a few vodka shots inside me and...well, never mind.

Though internally I'd say grotesque sums her up pretty well. Her attitudes and policies are out of the 19th century, and she is in no way qualified to hold one of the highest offices in the land.
Reply 56
Can't believe there's actually people defending her.

Actually, yeah, this is the most right wing forum I've seen, so no surprise.
Reply 57
Bismarck
A harpy is grotesque externally and internally, and the former should not be relevant to a description of a politician.

But how would calling a woman a harpy be sexist?
Bismarck
Her views aside, why is she any less qualified than Obama? A governor has far more responsibilities than a Senator, and the type of work (executive) that a governor does is far closer to a president's work than is a Senator's. It's why 4 out of the last 5 presidents were governors beforehand. And Palin's 1.5 years of being a governor isn't exactly worse than Obama's 2 years of being a Senator before he went MIA and started campaigning.

Verily it is true that niether of them are particularly experienced candidates with decades of varied political experience. However, out of a choice between them I'd go for Obama because whilst he's inexperienced at least during his inexperience he hasn't been used his office for corruption. I'm excluding the fact that I generally agree with his policies far more than hers.

Bismarck
Presumably because you only frequent anarchist/communist forums.

I believe punktopia "just got served".
Election again? Yawn.....

Latest

Trending

Trending