The Student Room Group

Is D1 and D2 hard?

My friend wants to do FM with Edexcel, but doesn't know what modules to choose. He did S1 and S2 before like me so I'm not much help.

She is thinking FP1, FP2, D1, M1
and then two from: S3, D2, M2

Basically what is the easiest? Mainly asking about D1 and D2.

And also, I assume Fp1 and FP2 are the FPs to take, or should one consider FP3?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
D1 D2. full stop. look at the syllabus xD
Reply 2
How long would it take to learn?

And what about other modules, thanks.
Reply 3
i died in D1 and D2.
just so utterly completely different to everything else.
hated it.
core and stats all the way.
Reply 4
Why not FP3? It looks the best module available?
D1 and D2 are piss easy butalso easy to mess up. Some questions are worth like 19 marks.
Reply 6
D1 D2 i think i could teach in a 2 days

you have to memorize methods rather like learn how to do maths
Reply 7
I'm doing D1 right now. Having also done M3, its hell in terms of interesting Maths. Very tedious and laborious but very very easy to get full marks in.
Reply 8
FP1 FP2 FP3 D1 D2 M1

If your friend has done physics then go with

FP1 FP2 FP3 M1 M2 M3
Reply 9
sohanshah
I'm doing D1 right now. Having also done M3, its hell in terms of interesting Maths. Very tedious and laborious but very very easy to get full marks in.

seeee xD
Reply 10
i hate Decision maths...its the reason i got a B at AS, mainly because i was lazy and didnt put any work into it then the exam came and was like use dykstras (sp) to solve this and i was just like wtf....core is so much easier although tbh if i put some work into decision i would have done alot better
Really, you don't need more than one Decision maths module, and if you do D1, you'll see that. Things like M3 or FP3 are much more handy. Take one Decision module :wink:
Reply 12
They're fine so long as you can ask grammatically correct questions

tbh so long as you learn the stuff they're really easy to get high marks on, but IMO M2 is a much nicer module

FP2 is lovely :smile:
D1 and D2... Doing D1 now and its a joke..
Reply 14
FP3 and FP4 is much better
Reply 15
XAlonso
FP3 and FP4 is much better

But is it easier :p:

Thanks for the feedback.
Reply 16
i'd say do D2.. but it depends on your interests, and if you know how it can be applied.

Im doing Computer Science, and i knew how the concepts could come into CS from D1 (and D2, didnt take that tho, but looked interesting). There is a lot more to maths than just the "core" type stuff.. im currently doing discrete mathematics module at uni level, which im guessing most of you wouldnt like as its about graph theory and logic.
I loved D1. The questions were so random, and we identified our tutors by what they taught us. "Greek salad man" who taught us algorithms was a good one.
Reply 18
Inflation
But is it easier :p:

Thanks for the feedback.

hell no, if you are planning to go into a degree with a lot of mathematics such as mathematics (obviously) or engineering then these modules will help, however if you are doing something like english, art or sociology etc then choose d1 and d2 as it will give you an easier ride.
Reply 19
Cool, yeah that person is going to do Managment, so not maths heavy.

Quick Reply

Latest