The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laureng55
lol thank you, its on 7th of march :s-smilie: lol ill need the whole bottle if this continues :cheers: lol
have you gone for your interview yet? x

My Nursing interview is on Tuesday 6th March at 9.20am. I havent heard from midwifery as of yet. What time is your interview at?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 3021
well to all those waiting i had my interview today. the interviewers do there best to make u feel at ease i fluff one question my mind went blank so have to wait to may now to find out good luck to the rest of you.
Original post by accessstudent
catherine and tyrone are you both waiting on nursing letters because I know a girl with surname o and she hasnt heard yet either, there is no reason why she shouldn't get an interview so like hers I'm sure your interviews are on their way. From reading this last year some people waited a long time after the initial interviews were sent, I am sure you will hear soon xx :smile:

Hopefully you are right! Untill i get a rejection i suppose i should remain positive! :rolleyes:
Reply 3023
My Interview was today
Asked me the role of nurse, why adult nursing, why is math and literacy important, importance of communication, few other bits but cant remember it flew in!
the 2 people on the panel were lovely, make you feel really at ease, only thing i would recommend is not to jump straight into an answer, take a few moments and process the question and answer what is ask, avoid tangents that are not relevant to the question where possible! :smile:
Original post by gkcann
My Interview was today
Asked me the role of nurse, why adult nursing, why is math and literacy important, importance of communication, few other bits but cant remember it flew in!
the 2 people on the panel were lovely, make you feel really at ease, only thing i would recommend is not to jump straight into an answer, take a few moments and process the question and answer what is ask, avoid tangents that are not relevant to the question where possible! :smile:

I bet your glad its all over lol now the waiting begins...
Reply 3025
Original post by gkcann
My Interview was today

thanksss for these tips (:frown::
xx
Has anyone with surname beginning with 'H' received an interview for Midwifery as of yet?
Mine begins with c and i got an interview, my friend begins with m and she just got one for midwifery also, dont know what way they are sending them out xx
Original post by nicoleio
thanksss for these tips (:frown::
xx

Queens change the questions they ask on a daily basis you may not get asked the same questions gkmcann got asked..I applied last year and got asked completely different questions from my friends...... it depends on the panel that are interviewing you x
Reply 3029
Original post by skint flint
Queens change the questions they ask on a daily basis you may not get asked the same questions gkmcann got asked..I applied last year and got asked completely different questions from my friends...... it depends on the panel that are interviewing you x

thankk youu (: yehh i have a long list of possible questions iv wrote down from going back on this forum! very nervous:/ want to be as prepared as possible!!

xx
Interview on Wednesday :smile: Any tips ? :smile: Thanks
Reply 3031
quoted from queens "the interview is an important and confidential part of the schools selection process and we would appreciate you refraning from discussing the questions with other applicants as it is not in your interest to assist other candidates"
over 1700 applicants not a lot of spaces!!!!!!!! why help your competition? or why steer them up the gardern path by giving them the wrong questions ? you will not know the questions you are going to asked untill the day of your interview they do change them. my advice to all who have not had their interview yet revise everything then you can not go wrong!
Reply 3032
Original post by davy121
quoted from queens "the interview is an important and confidential part of the schools selection process and we would appreciate you refraning from discussing the questions with other applicants as it is not in your interest to assist other candidates"
over 1700 applicants not a lot of spaces!!!!!!!! why help your competition? or why steer them up the gardern path by giving them the wrong questions ? you will not know the questions you are going to asked untill the day of your interview they do change them. my advice to all who have not had their interview yet revise everything then you can not go wrong!

i think everyone is aware of that, but any tips that people would like to share should be able to do so! everyone is in the same boat and as nervous as eachother! i think its just a wee confidence boost and reassurance to hear other peoples experiences. this is what this forum is all about (:
Original post by Kiddd2012
Interview on Wednesday :smile: Any tips ? :smile: Thanks

Hi, did you just get your date or were you notified a while ago?

All the very best for Wednesday.
Reply 3034
i think everyone is aware of that, but any tips that people would like to share should be able to do so! everyone is in the same boat and as nervous as eachother! i think its just a wee confidence boost and reassurance to hear other peoples experiences. this is what this forum is all about (:
Nicoleio of course everyone wants to hear other people's experiences but what the op was saying was that you are NOT ALLOWED tell other candidates what the interview questions were that they were asked which is what someone on this forum has done. It is confidential and anyone caught breaking confidentiality may not get offered a place. I am sure no one wants to jeopardise getting a place so I think it would be very for people not to break the confidentiality that queens has asked candidates to keep xox
Original post by Tyronenew
Hi, did you just get your date or were you notified a while ago?

All the very best for Wednesday.

Got mine last Friday :smile:
Reply 3036

i put my post up for a reason everyone is NOT aware that questions are confidential . as i received quite alot of private mail asking me what questions i had be asked at my interview. so by posting what i did should clear up why i did not reply to any including yours.
Are there many people applying for Nursing that are still in school ? There seems to be loads of mature applicants ?
Original post by davy121
i put my post up for a reason everyone is NOT aware that questions are confidential . as i received quite alot of private mail asking me what questions i had be asked at my interview. so by posting what i did should clear up why i did not reply to any including yours.

Your right davy121 so much competition 1700 applicants 400 places .....
Reply 3039
Original post by davy121

yehh understandable! good luck everyone anyhuu (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending