The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmmaD123
Got an interview for midwifery!!! So excited!!

When is your interview EmmaD123
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 3121
got an interview for midwifery at queens on the 5th of april ,any advice out there from anyone please.
Reply 3122
Hi all, I have my interview tomorrow and I have felt sick all weekend :frown: iIwont be sleeping much tonight! feel nothing is going in no matter how many times ive went over the questions :s-smilie:

Does anyone know how the choices work? my 1st is childrens then adults then mental then ld, if i dont get into nursing am i offered my second choice?? x
Original post by kerso22
Hi all, I have my interview tomorrow and I have felt sick all weekend :frown: iIwont be sleeping much tonight! feel nothing is going in no matter how many times ive went over the questions :s-smilie:

Does anyone know how the choices work? my 1st is childrens then adults then mental then ld, if i dont get into nursing am i offered my second choice?? x

50 places for childrens nursing offered each year and no you will not be offered your second choice... childrens nursing soo competitive really hard to get into x
Original post by bluesole
got an interview for midwifery at queens on the 5th of april ,any advice out there from anyone please.

bluesole interview is meant to be difficult I am unsure as of what you will be asked as the questions have changed this year x
Reply 3125
Original post by skint flint
When is your interview EmmaD123

It's on the 1st May. Do you know if we need to speak about 2-3 current issues?
Reply 3126
Not long after my interview, really found it hard, dont think ive done enough, but soo glad its over well until april for my midwifery. good luck to everyone who is still waiting for their interviews. the panel were lovely though. I wasnt asked any questions on current issues and either were any of my friends.
Reply 3127
Original post by kerso22
Not long after my interview, really found it hard, dont think ive done enough, but soo glad its over well until april for my midwifery. good luck to everyone who is still waiting for their interviews. the panel were lovely though. I wasnt asked any questions on current issues and either were any of my friends.

Hi Kerso22, which branch was you 1st? I felt like that after my interview (mental health 1st) It's all down to nerves!! The build up is a lot of pressure so it's hard not to feel that way. I have a midwifery interview in May and i'm so happy to get one and have the experience of the nursing one over!!:smile:
Reply 3128
hi, mine was childrens nursing, i was shaking even when i left and havent stopped going over it all in my head, really know i didnt say enough, but there is always next year, at least its experience for our midwifery interview xx
It's on the 1st May. Do you know if we need to speak about 2-3 current issues?

I would revise over one current issue just in case you are asked.... Best to be prepared x
Reply 3130
I would revise over one current issue just in case you are asked.... Best to be prepared x

So true!! I will look over two to be sure, just thought 3 seemed a bit much when you only have 20 mins and 5 questions to answer. xx
Thank goodness that's over!!! They only askedme five questions but they are all worth eight marks each ahhh good luck everyone!! :smile:
So true!! I will look over two to be sure, just thought 3 seemed a bit much when you only have 20 mins and 5 questions to answer. xx

Why dont you Join studentmidwife.net its brill. Out of all the girls on the forum none of them have been asked a question on current issues x
Reply 3133
Well done Supernewyorkgirl!! What branch was your 1st choice? I haven't seen anyone put learning dis as their 1st would be interesting to know how many applied to each...
Original post by SuperNewYorkGirl
Thank goodness that's over!!! They only askedme five questions but they are all worth eight marks each ahhh good luck everyone!! :smile:

Scoring is out of 25 x
Reply 3135
Why dont you Join studentmidwife.net its brill. Out of all the girls on the forum none of them have been asked a question on current issues x

Yes I discovered it a few days ago, seen you on it lol. My name is autism mummy on there. Thanks for the tip tho xx
Yes I discovered it a few days ago, seen you on it lol. My name is autism mummy on there. Thanks for the tip tho xx

Yes I seen you on it also lol Well have you started preparing for your midwifery interview? x
Scoring is out of 25 x

Is it really skintflint? How do you know? That might be okay then cause i am not sure I talked enough on all the questions for eight marks each! The girls where really nice and if i didnt understand a question they reworded it so I understood! They were great! :smile:
Original post by SuperNewYorkGirl
Is it really skintflint? How do you know? That might be okay then cause i am not sure I talked enough on all the questions for eight marks each! The girls where really nice and if i didnt understand a question they reworded it so I understood! They were great!

Im the type of person that needs to know full facts lol...I am always asking questions.. My nursing interview was fine the questions were pretty straight forward.

I am worrying about my midwifery interview this is my 1st year applying in saying that I have 5 weeks to prepare for it. I hate the unknown apparently Queens are not asking the obvious type of questions :confused:
Reply 3139
Yes I seen you on it also lol Well have you started preparing for your midwifery interview? x

Well I've started to gather information, but haven't started revising yet. I'm quite fortunate this time as I have over 7 weeks to prepare! Whereas I only had 1 week with the nursing interview. What about you? It really is a very tough process!! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending