Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nursing at Queens...

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catherinec18)
    They are still waiting for numbers to be confirmed! So may be a while yet... they said as soon as they know we will get confirmation withon 24hrs
    This is awful how long does it take to add up how may people passed interview
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got an email back from ulster uni so I get what you mean now; the DHSSPS have not confirmed how many places are available and the have not given a timescale as to how long it will take them! God knows when we will find out! I can see the places becoming less with all these A and E closures and ward closures :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i hope they hurry up lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The wait is killing me! I really hope I hear from queens soon too :/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilo27)
    I got an email back from ulster uni so I get what you mean now; the DHSSPS have not confirmed how many places are available and the have not given a timescale as to how long it will take them! God knows when we will find out! I can see the places becoming less with all these A and E closures and ward closures :/
    when did you get that email??? i never got one xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    did anyone get a place at magee?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a place I'm so gutted I felt my interview went really well so I've no hope of getting into queens
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a place I'm so gutted I felt my interview went really well so I've no hope of getting into queens
    positive thoughts madam! don't be thinking about it until the letter comes! you will be grand! positive thoughts xx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scoachie)
    did anyone get a place at magee?
    i got a place at magee xx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicoleio)
    Are you going to accept... I didnt apply to Magee too far away x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skint flint)
    Are you going to accept... I didnt apply to Magee too far away x
    I hope to get a place in queens! Magee is back up plan lol! Though wudn mind if I didn't get offer for qub cos I'm happy either or! Pref qub tho!xx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I hope to get a place in queens! Magee is back up plan lol! Though wudn mind if I didn't get offer for qub cos I'm happy either or! Pref qub tho!xx
    Which interview did you find the toughest QUB or Magee?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Nicole!! You must be so pleased!! xx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You read my mind here lol, I didn't apply to Magee either too far when you have kids xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Magee is too far for me too I was using it as a practice run and I felt it went well but I've been told I might not have gotten In as I have kids and am far away as they did ask me about that?? Can they do that? I fell my queens interview was ok I think I got ahead of myself with the questions and I should have taken a few mins at the end to think my answers through and add bits on but it all went by in a blur I was that nervous and the weather was so warm which didn't help lol I really hope I get a chanc. Congratulations to all who got a place you all really deserve it and Im sure you will make excellent nurses
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think I answered my questions more thoroughly with queens as I have my heart set on mental health so I was very prepared for it as its mental health I want to do! For Magee I talked about metal health nursing a bit when it was adult I applied for! Magee was more chatty interview like they talked back wer as qub was more formal but the man who was interviewing me was lovely ad smiling and nodding! It's really hard to tell!! :/ xx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Magee is too far for me too I was using it as a practice run and I felt it went well but I've been told I might not have gotten In as I have kids and am far away as they did ask me about that?? Can they do that? I fell my queens interview was ok I think I got ahead of myself with the questions and I should have taken a few mins at the end to think my answers through and add bits on but it all went by in a blur I was that nervous and the weather was so warm which didn't help lol I really hope I get a chanc. Congratulations to all who got a place you all really deserve it and Im sure you will make excellent nurses
    Wow did they ask you about having kids and living far? That doesn't seem fair if you didn't get it because of that!! I know a girl and she travels up & down to Magee nearly everyday and she has two kids, she is so determined and hard working so it would be awful to use that against someone! Good luck with your queens app x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think I answered my questions more thoroughly with queens as I have my heart set on mental health so I was very prepared for it as its mental health I want to do! For Magee I talked about metal health nursing a bit when it was adult I applied for! Magee was more chatty interview like they talked back wer as qub was more formal but the man who was interviewing me was lovely ad smiling and nodding! It's really hard to tell!! :/ xx
    The lecturer that was asking the questions was lovely aswell and each time I answered a question she was giving me the thumbs up and smiling at me. In saying that that could be her character lol..... Its Midwifery for me I have my interview in 9 days and panicking.

When you qualify as a nurse you are lucky to earn 21000 a year. My friend has been a nurse for 5 years and thats what she earns. Crap money and long hours. I would love to study Midwifery or possibly Social Work
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    That is rubbish try not to listen to hear say. You are offered a place based on your interview score. My friend is in her 2nd year at Magee and she has 4 kids x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The lecturer that was asking the questions was lovely aswell and each time I answered a question she was giving me the thumbs up and smiling at me. In saying that that could be her character lol..... Its Midwifery for me I have my interview in 9 days and panicking.

When you qualify as a nurse you are lucky to earn 21000 a year. My friend has been a nurse for 5 years and thats what she earns. Crap money and long hours. I would love to study Midwifery or possibly Social Work
    it may be around 21000 a year to begin with as i know nurses who earn a lott more than that! you can move up within it, an can add to it. how come you applied for nursing???

i have applied for social work as well, had my interview over a month ago now. scary having to make a decision out of them all!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.