The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

People on the reserve list ?
If others got two offers eg midwifery and nursing - then there will be some places.

Has anybody got two offers ?????
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 3401
Original post by Dublinnurse
I applied to childrens nursing. I already have my results. I have just finished my 2nd year in a business course here in Dublin, and am halfway through a pre nursing part time course. It's a pity it's such a long wait again, and I have been offered a chance to study abroad for the first semester of next year so was holding out to hear from queens. Hoping to hear back in the email and then consider my options!

Im on the same boat as you, I also have conditional offers for two other courses but I would really like to get into queens :smile: I hope they email us soon!
Reply 3402
Hi to all of you who have offers for nursing, do you have or need a grade B in GCSE Maths? I've heard that you need it for midwifery was wondering do you need it for nursing too??
No not for nursing, I have a C in maths and my offer is on condition of my access, police check and occ health, they use the B in maths for midwifery to shortlist because of the very few places x
Reply 3404
Original post by accessstudent
No not for nursing, I have a C in maths and my offer is on condition of my access, police check and occ health, they use the B in maths for midwifery to shortlist because of the very few places x

Thanks for the info! xx
Reply 3405
I got an offer for children's nursing. Just 18 so many seem to be older. Dunno how to prepare myself. Has any one with no hospital experience got in? Dunno what to expect. But so excited too!:biggrin:
Reply 3406
Well done in getting an offer :smile: i am 18 to so your not the only one :smile: i only had two days of hospital experience would have loved to of had more :smile:
Reply 3407
Did u apply to childrens? :smile:
Reply 3408
Adult nursing, but i only got a reserved offer so i have to wait and see if i even get a place fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 3409
Any one else for Learning Disability nursing??????
well i spoke to a lady in queens today and she told me that reserves will find out what position they are at hopefully by July!!!! WTF cant believe we have to wait to july b4 they can even tell us if realistically we will get in! oh and she said there is a quite extensive reserve! great :-(
Reply 3411
Oh well good luck!
Reply 3412
Original post by catherinec18
well i spoke to a lady in queens today and she told me that reserves will find out what position they are at hopefully by July!!!! WTF cant believe we have to wait to july b4 they can even tell us if realistically we will get in! oh and she said there is a quite extensive reserve! great :-(

seriously? :frown: thats so long away!
Reply 3413
Original post by KMCM
Oh well good luck!

Thank you and enjoy your course in september :smile:
Reply 3414
Original post by Re1993
seriously? :frown: thats so long away!

it's prob cus they have to process who have accepted their offers, anyone with offers have to confirm by 15th june, so if people turn them down reserves will get their offers. and again in august whoever doesnt meet the conditions of their offers more will go to the reserves, i know a few people who got on the reserve and were accepted so dont worry just yet it's great even gettin on the list stay positive :biggrin:
Reply 3415
Original post by gkcann
it's prob cus they have to process who have accepted their offers, anyone with offers have to confirm by 15th june, so if people turn them down reserves will get their offers. and again in august whoever doesnt meet the conditions of their offers more will go to the reserves, i know a few people who got on the reserve and were accepted so dont worry just yet it's great even gettin on the list stay positive :biggrin:

Thanks you have made me feel as though there is some hope :smile: we will just have to sit tight, congrats on your offer by the way :smile:
Original post by Charlene1985
Im Feb 2013 as well :smile:

I got Feb 2013 too

This seems completely ridiculous and unfair, I know that we could move up the reserve list if people don't accept in June, but they may as well let us know :frown: they should really put it in the letters they send out so at least we have an idea of how close we are! I had been banking on knowing my place to make a decision of whether to go away next year or not..
Reply 3418

I got on the reserve list for Adult nursing but not accepting or sending documents back. Got an unconditional for adult at Magee but the one I really wanted, Midwifery got a conditional offer!!!:biggrin:
Reply 3419
Hello all!

I have being reading some of the posts with interest the past few weeks! Congrats to everyone who has so far got a place and I really hope that the wait is kind to people on the reserve list!

I applied for Adult Nursing in Queens and got my letter today for a conditional offer for September. I have met the academic offer but will need to meet all other relevant criteria.

I am absolutely thrilled to get the offer as I really was'nt confident and was doubting myself the longer the wait went on as I did the interview early March. I am 34 so nervous starting all over again and its a relocation for me as well from the very South of Ireland so it will be all change!!! :redface:

I need to psych myself up to approach my employers now that I (hopefully) will be leaving come September! I start the search tomorrow for my BCG vaccinations- this could be a nightmare trying to trace them through the old health board!! Pre PC days!!

I just wanted to say hi and hopefully get to meet some of you come September! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending