The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3460
im sure they will keep your place.
when will your result be out for your repeat?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by kevia
yeah I am! My first choice was Childs Nursing what was yous ?

mental health then general!

i think i will apply for accomodation anyway though i might just end up driving down im hoping to get my test soon lol
Reply 3462
Original post by ceeves86
im sure they will keep your place.
when will your result be out for your repeat?

the result for that wont be til mid september, i just wasnt expecting any academic conditions if i got an offer because of my alevels so it's panicked me a bit. was speaking to the registry and theyre checking with central admissions because my alevels were in 2007 they said something about recent study pertains to within the past 5 years, which i assumed my alevels would be because this time 5 years ago i was sitting my alevels lol

i hope it works out ok
Reply 3463
i have a question reguarding the access ni checks.
i have had one done before through my work and i had an extensive form to fill in.

i went on there and paid my £30 for my nursing access ni check!!
do we just pay the money and queens does the rest?? or are we sent the form in the post?? anybody know how it works?

did we not submit the access ni form on the day of the interview? think payment is just now that offers are out they already have that big form i remember printing it out for sure lol
Reply 3464
well i obtained my a level results in summer 2006, however i went to queens for 3 years after that and got a degree (not in a medical related subject) so maybe that has helped me a little.
im sure if you have the relevant a level results then they will hold your place, especially since your not starting to feb 2013.
Reply 3465
Original post by gkcann
did we not submit the access ni form on the day of the interview? think payment is just now that offers are out they already have that big form i remember printing it out for sure lol

oh aye yes thats right....god its that long ago i had forgotten!! thank you i was wondering what was happening! thank you.
Reply 3466
Original post by csands951
mental health then general!

i think i will apply for accomodation anyway though i might just end up driving down im hoping to get my test soon lol

do u need to pay a deposit straight away when u apply for accomodation do yeno? i definitly dont have another 300 atm to spend on more accomodation so i dont know what im going to do lol
oh thats handy, where u from if u dont mind me asking?
Original post by EmmaD123
I got that email too what scores have all of you on reserve got? My score was 37/50

What email address did you use - I emailed registry one twice and have not got a reply yet ???
Original post by McDowell123
What email address did you use - I emailed registry one twice and have not got a reply yet ???

yes me too!:frown:
Reply 3469
Does anyone know how much bursery we get per month if you have children.
Reply 3470
Original post by catherinec18
It would be alot better if they did give us that info so then we would have an idea of where we stand! Have you offers from anywhere else? x

No I have only applied to queens, I'm not too hopeful with a score of 37 so looks like I'll be applying again next year :-/
Hi guys,
Just thought id check this site as my friend has applied to queens for nursing and is waiting on a letter.

2 years ago i couldnt have done without this site. I am currently 2nd year adult student (feb intake) and was placed on reserve list. Back then we were scored out of 25 and i got 19 and was 400 people on that reserve list. I waited and waited until August when results came out and still never heard. I actually had given up and out of the blue that October i recieved a call to say a place became available. I felt like the luckiest girl alive :smile:

Those on reserve all is not lost. Those who got offers may not make the grades so lose their place and it goes to the next person on the reserve list. People fall pregnant and take up other offers so there is a chance even if it is another wait.

Good luck everyone. The course is fab and just flies.

Bursary packs will be sent out before you start and is currently £504 for people with no dependants and £787 for those with dependants i dont know if you recieve more if you have more children and could also be changed.

Whilst you are in uni it is still manageable to keep on part time jobs but not so handy when on placement.

I hope this helped and good luck :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3472
emmaD123 are you waiting on any exam results?

37/50 is a great score so keep positive!
Reply 3473
Original post by Daisy boo
Hi guys,
Just thought id check this site as my friend has applied to queens for nursing and is waiting on a letter.

2 years ago i couldnt have done without this site. I am currently 2nd year adult student (feb intake) and was placed on reserve list. Back then we were scored out of 25 and i got 19 and was 400 people on that reserve list. I waited and waited until August when results came out and still never heard. I actually had given up and out of the blue that October i recieved a call to say a place became available. I felt like the luckiest girl alive :smile:

Those on reserve all is not lost. Those who got offers may not make the grades so lose their place and it goes to the next person on the reserve list. People fall pregnant and take up other offers so there is a chance even if it is another wait.

Good luck everyone. The course is fab and just flies.

Bursary packs will be sent out before you start and is currently £504 for people with no dependants and £787 for those with 1 dependant i dont know if you recieve more if you have more children.

Whilst you are in uni it is still manageablr to keep on part time jobs but so so handy when on placement.

I hope this helped and good luck :smile:

thanks for the advice. how soon before we are on placement...im wondering about how long i could keep my job on for before i have to consider giving it up?
I got a Conditional Offer to study Adult Nursing and a Conditional Reserve Offer
for Midwifery. I have decided that I am not going to accept my Nursing Offer. I got 44 out of 50 in my Midwifery interview soo I live in hope that a place falls in my favour. Anyone else got their Midwifery interview score?
Reply 3475
Original post by skint flint
I got a Conditional Offer to study Adult Nursing and a Conditional Reserve Offer
for Midwifery. I have decided that I am not going to accept my Nursing Offer. I got 44 out of 50 in my Midwifery interview soo I live in hope that a place falls in my favour. Anyone else got their Midwifery interview score?

congrats, my goal is to become a midwife also, but very excited to begin in sept at adult nursing.

i thought in order to do midwifery you had to first go through a nursing degree?
Reply 3476
[QUOTE="McDowell123;37825571"]What email address did you use - I emailed registry one twice and have not got a reply yet ???[/QUOTE

The registry email address on the letter that was sent out xx
Reply 3477
emmaD123 are you waiting on any exam results?

37/50 is a great score so keep positive!

Thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it!! I'm waiting on access results, thankfully exams went well so if it doesn't work out this year at least next year will be a lot less stressful lol xx
thanks for the advice. how soon before we are on placement...im wondering about how long i could keep my job on for before i have to consider giving it up?

Glad to be of help. You will be out on placement after your first 7 weeks in uni. The first week is an intro week. I can't remember if u get a week off before u go out. Nursing homes and agencies are very flexible and can always give shifts when u know when u are available as u will get a full 6 wks of time table for each phase.

I work in a nursing home and unknown girls who get shifts from agencies but when on placement it's too tiring to do any extra.

Glad to be of help. You will be out on placement after your first 7 weeks in uni. The first week is an intro week. I can't remember if u get a week off before u go out. Nursing homes and agencies are very flexible and can always give shifts when u know when u are available as u will get a full 6 wks of time table for each phase.

I work in a nursing home and know girls who get shifts from agencies but when on placement it's too tiring to do any extra.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending