The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Heya guys...
I got an interview for the 23rd of march!! Can't believe it guys its actually happening!!
Good luck to everyone with interviews and still waiting!!
x
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 41
Hey ppl!!

I somehow managed to get an interview in April : ]

It's for the reserve list which isn't exactly ideal as I won't know then until August.......but if the interview goes well and someone drops out or doesn't meet the grades my chanes of being on the course are high.

Total sigh of relief........now just gotta anticipate the questions:s-smilie:
Reply 42
ShonaAnne
I got one for the 6th April thank goodness I was really worried. My surname begins with B but I think the dates are probably sorted by branch not by name

Hi thanks for that, that makes sense!!by branch not surname. My friend chose adult first then mental health, i chose vice-versa. Good luck with your interview
Reply 43
Jason1990
Hey ppl!!

I somehow managed to get an interview in April : ]

It's for the reserve list which isn't exactly ideal as I won't know then until August.......but if the interview goes well and someone drops out or doesn't meet the grades my chanes of being on the course are high.

Total sigh of relief........now just gotta anticipate the questions:s-smilie:

Are the interviews held in April for the reserve list?
Reply 44
Well my interview is on the 7th of April and on my letter it says that all interviews will take place between the 9th of march and the 9th of April so still within the main time-frame.

Have t try and find the place where the interview is..living on the malone road atm but my sense of direction and locations is horrible.
Reply 45
I took a walk up the other day and the place is really easy to find. It's just up past the The Eg and the Bot a bit. There are big massive white pillars at the enterance to the street so it'seasy to find
yay got an interview, 19th march! what about the rest of u?
Reply 47
Oooh I know where it is now......I walk past there like everyday.....5 mins from my student accomodation so i still get a nice lie in on the day :smile:

How formal are people going to be dressing for their interview? I was thinking about going in a suit....too formal or best to impress?
Reply 48
no, thats good, thats pretty much how they would expect u to dress i think!!!
Reply 49
I have no idea where the place is. Jason we live like five mins away... I live in Finaghy just at the top of the Malone road.

Yea I am going to go pretty formal. Is it one interview a day? Cause I don't know anyone who has the same day yet.

x
Reply 50
Oh cool I live in elms student village when I'm up in Belfast so not far away at all.

There would be more than one interview a day theres probably up to 20-30 interviews in a day

I now know it is so easy to find....if you're heading up the malone towards the city centre you just keep looking on the right hand side for a little road with two big creme pillars at each side and elmwood 7 is in there.
Reply 51
Okay thanks... so is the white pillars the place where we are going?

See in the application form... does it say that they are going to ask for a report from the doctor? The vaccinations and stuff is wild! When I had an interview for Northumbria, i didn't have to bring any of this stuff.

Is anyone paying for their police check at the interview?

x
Reply 52
Yea the white pillars are the entrance to where you have to go

The pink form which is about the release of a medical report means that they more than likely will reqest a medical report from your doctor but if you read it you'll see you can check any report before it is sent to the university if you so wish. This means you can have it ammended and anything you do not wich to be disclosed to be changed.

I think QUB are just trying to stay ahead of the game you need to be fully vaccinated before you go on placement so may as well solve all issues out well in advance.

As for the police check as far as i know you pay that online when asked to do so....not at the interview as you have no confirmed offer/place yet
Reply 53
I had my interview yesterday, it was really straightforward and they were really nice!
Reply 54
Came across this online and thought it was rather interesting:

'At the end of the short-listing process, the School of Nursing and Midwifery provide a score for each applicant. The scores are pre-defined by the School of Nursing and Midwifery and range from 10 to 40. A score represents an applicant’s performance at the interview and determines if the applicant is offered a place on a course in the School of Nursing and Midwifery. Successful applicant scores for each branch are listed in the table as follows:

Branch Offer Score
Adult Nursing 29 and above
Children’s Nursing 35 and above
Mental Health Nursing 19 and above
Learning Disability Nursing 14 and above'
Reply 55
:biggrin: Woot the branch I wanna join needs the lowest score.
What did they ask you Amy_Sugar?
Reply 56
They asked me :
Why i wanted to do nursing
What i understood from NMC
If i had read the pre-interview sheet+ if so what did it say
Why Adult nursing
What relevance my school subjects had to nursing
What relevance my part time job had to nursing

and everything i said they questioned it even further.

They said that alot of people did not turn up to the interview :s-smilie:

Good luck ! :biggrin:
Reply 57
Thanks for all of the help guys... just my luck that Children's branch is the highest and I am a divy!!
Good luck everyone... I am well excited now =]

x
Reply 58
Interview seems easy enough then............i'm weird in that i love interviews i get a buzz from them:biggrin:

NMC is the nursing and midwifery council yea?

The lack of people turning up for interview is goooood lol
Reply 59
Jason that is really nice.... do you not like some stiff competition?

x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending