The Student Room Group

What Universitys can i go with ABCC as AS level?

I got ABCC at AS level (Business Studies, Geography, Economics and ICT) and an A* at GCSE for Geography. I want to do a Geography BA course at Uni and have been told that UCL, Nottingham, LSE and Kings are good universities to apply to, but would I be able to get an offer from any of these university's or will i have to look at other unis?

Thx for your time

PS Im predicted A (Business Studies)B (Geography) B (Economics)
Reply 1
you wont get into UCL Not LSE and Kings with those grades.
Forget AS level grades; what are your predictions? :smile:
Reply 3
Im predicted A (Business Studies) B (Geography) B (Economics)
leicester, lancaster, chester...where are you interested in?

:smile:
I got into the Manchester Uni Law school wih ACDE at AS :smile:

Apply where you feel you can get into and don't give up hope of getting in
Reply 6
berryfantastic
leicester, lancaster, chester...where are you interested in?

:smile:

Im quite interested in UCL, Nottingham, LSE and Kings at the moment so would i be able to get into any of these with ABB predicted?
Reply 7
you will not get into nottingham there standard offer is AAB ucl you have a chance AAB -ABB but really most applicants will have AAB AAA. Kings will be difficult but worth a try and forget LSE for sure, it is extremely competitive, AAB minimum but predicted AAA are what they really want
i dont know...what are the requirements for them? i know they are all very competitive.

im predicted AABB and will be enormously lucky if i get into manchester.
Reply 9
Depends on your predicted grades really - not your AS grades.
I think Kings and Manc ask for ABB for BA Geog not sure though.

Look at the redbrick unis and maybe a few expoly's for backup-backups
Reply 10
i hate to say it but no, although I know someone who got into LSE with ABB to do Economics because apparently his personal statement was 'gold'.
manzi905
I got ABCC at AS level (Business Studies, Geography, Economics and ICT) and an A* at GCSE for Geography. I want to do a Geography BA course at Uni and have been told that UCL, Nottingham, LSE and Kings are good universities to apply to, but would I be able to get an offer from any of these university's or will i have to look at other unis?

Thx for your time

PS Im predicted A (Business Studies)B (Geography) B (Economics)

Any university you damn well like! Just retake your ASs with your A2s if you're that determined. You could seriously boost your grades and get into a top uni.
Any. You could get AAAA (or AAA, if you only continue with three), for all we know.
You would probably get into Royal Holloway, and that's top 10 on the useless league tables.
Reply 14
There's loads of universities you could get into with those predictions. I would suggest finding one top choice for yourself (eg Bristol or Durham) and try your luck with them, one insurance and the rest can be a mix from Soton to Leicester to UEA.
Reply 15
Well i had been looking at UCL as my main choice as on the UCAS site it stated it needed AAB-ABB and preffered an A in geography (I got B in AS). So would UCL not be possible to get into?
manzi905
Well i had been looking at UCL as my main choice as on the UCAS site it stated it needed AAB-ABB and preffered an A in geography (I got B in AS). So would UCL not be possible to get into?

Doubt it with UCL
It's always possible.
I applied to UCL with an ABB prediction and got an offer based on my interview. (Although it was for french, which might make this entire post completely irrelevant, but I shall continue nevertheless.)

Do you think you can get an A in geography? Cause like, if your teachers are as corrupt as mine were, they can predict it for UCAS purposes only to impress your unis, then the work is down to you to drag that grade out of yourself..

Latest

Trending

Trending