The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Uni chat thread

Scroll to see replies

oh dear.

i was up all night last night because i couldn't sleep, and the night of all nights for the fire drill to go off. i'd literally just gone to lay on my bed at 6.45 this morning and then that stupid air-raid-type noise kicked in. Blech.

Still, could have been worse. I could have been one of the five girls on our floor who came back from various socials at 4am and had gone to sleep :rolleyes:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
I woke up when it went off on the other side of Richard Newitt, figured it would only be you lot who had to deal with it, then had to get up when it went off here anyway >.< bloody alarm. I felt so ill as well, ended up missing my electronics lecture because i only woke up at half 10. stupid illness. :frown:
olileauk
I woke up when it went off on the other side of Richard Newitt, figured it would only be you lot who had to deal with it, then had to get up when it went off here anyway >.< bloody alarm. I felt so ill as well, ended up missing my electronics lecture because i only woke up at half 10. stupid illness. :frown:

1) You should have pulled an all-nighter like i did. it seems to be that when i do, something important happens the next day :s-smilie:

2) Whereabouts in Glen are you then? (RNC H Block here :rolleyes:)
Rnc E ^.^
Reply 64
can someone doing the computer science or software engineering course at soton tell me a bit about it please..

is it more programming based than the same course at other unis? what languages do you use?
what aspects of the course/university do you think are better or not as good as a higher ranking university like imperial?
Currently doing Java, and next up will be C++

Obviously i haven't done the degree anywhere else, but given that at the higher ranked CompSci unis it's nearly fully maths based, i'm glad to be where I am - hands on programming is ace. Not to mention the facilities here rule, all the textbooks are free, and everyone is really, really happy to help.

For reference, i looked at Exeter, Durham, University College London, here, and Birmingham Uni. Here > all those, facilities-wise.

EDIT: shortly, i'll have started a blog on ECS. It's worth having a look there, you can find out an awful lot:

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk
on a slightly more serious note, who's going to the roller disco tonight?
me =D meeting a bunch of friends at 8.30-45 to go to it, it sounds wicked =D
not ENTIRELY sure if i'm going yet, depends what my floor is doing...
Reply 69
It was ok but the skates were crap. They are so sexist only getting in-lines in bigger sizes for guys what about the girls and those with smaller feet :frown:
sassy_girl
It was ok but the skates were crap. They are so sexist only getting in-lines in bigger sizes for guys what about the girls and those with smaller feet :frown:

those in-lines were NOT comfortable, trust me.
i ended up leaving after about half an hour cos i'd stayed up the whole of the night before and i was feeling a bit faint :/

you may have seen me actually, i was the one wearing a white shirt with black stripe, with fairly short dark hair. i fell over once and was also knocked down by one of the susu.tv people :angry:
Reply 71
Shebzski
I met Danlelle today during my fizzicks lecture =D

Nice to know that there's someone else who doesn't have a clue about what is going on in the lectures. :>.<:

so you think its okay to portray someone as stupid?
I went to The Hobbit and then the foam party at Sobar.

So much fun! Although my hair is sticky as, and I swallowed so much foam I've lost my voice! good times :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Eyyyy. They played well good music too.

For you Cloop: They played 'since you've been gone' and I danced in the foamy goodness and thought of you.

And JTM you shoulda stayed!!
I knooooow, my flatmates said the foamage was cool, but I really just wasn't up for it at the time. Sometimes you just know you're not going to enjoy yourself :s-smilie:
I <3 roller disco. The inlines weren't all that comfortable and i wish i had my own but it was wicked fun anyway, and the DJ played my request =D
Reply 75
XAlonso
so you think its okay to portray someone as stupid?

Haha, chillout dude. I like the way you've assumed that not understanding a physics lecture means that you're stupid.

On another note, the roller disco was a laugh ... apart from the part where we queued for a good 2 hours to get skates, of which they had no size 10's so i had to use 8's. Bit of a challenge to say the least. Watching people stack made it all worthwhile just for the jokes.

Hope you're all well, I've got a runny nose and a cough, which is really annoying when you have no tissues. Anyone else finding themselves nodding off in nearly every lecture? :biggrin:
Reply 76
Shebzski
Haha, chillout dude. I like the way you've assumed that not understanding a physics lecture means that you're stupid.

On another note, the roller disco was a laugh ... apart from the part where we queued for a good 2 hours to get skates, of which they had no size 10's so i had to use 8's. Bit of a challenge to say the least. Watching people stack made it all worthwhile just for the jokes.

Hope you're all well, I've got a runny nose and a cough, which is really annoying when you have no tissues. Anyone else finding themselves nodding off in nearly every lecture? :biggrin:

I do! All the time, glad i'm not the only one!! I'm thinking my lecturers might get a bit annoyed but i gaze around and almost half the room is nodding off too!
I'm asking to change my degree programme :erm:...just so I can do a third language, and drop a linguistics module...:erm:
just got back here after a WILD weekend home. Now to finish off those pesky vector products >.>
Reply 79
Jesters tomorrow people. I want to see you all there (or at least as many as possible).

much love x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending