On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Uni chat thread

Scroll to see replies

makinghistory
OMG GUYS.

There are police and detectives and search units and ambulances all around Monte!! Apparently some cleaners went into R block today, came out screaming, and some one said some one might have died or committed suicide or a murderrrrr,

We asked the police and they wouldn't tell us, and we asked some cleaners who were huddled up and they said they knew but couldn't tell us.

Oooooooooooooo.

First some one gets menigitis, burglaries, then a possible death...... it's like a crazy soap opera!

OMG.

Keep me updated, kthx
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
me too :p:
Reply 102
makinghistory
OMG GUYS.

There are police and detectives and search units and ambulances all around Monte!! Apparently some cleaners went into R block today, came out screaming, and some one said some one might have died or committed suicide or a murderrrrr,

We asked the police and they wouldn't tell us, and we asked some cleaners who were huddled up and they said they knew but couldn't tell us.

Oooooooooooooo.

First some one gets menigitis, burglaries, then a possible death...... it's like a crazy soap opera!

Yeah a friend was telling me about this earlier. I don't think it'd be murder. More likely suicide or alcohol poisoning. Either way it's pretty awful. Maybe the university/JCR will tell us about it in the next few days or do what they did with the meningitis thing and put posters up. Couldn't find anything on the internet as of yet either apart from this.
Strange. I have a friend in Connaught who says that he just heard a gunshot coming from the direction of the airport, although it sounded "more like one of those scarecrow gun things that fires blanks".

Crazy days in Soton, huh?
o.O

wow. keep us updated =)
Scandal at Monte! :erm:
Indeed. We don't get anything at Glen, apart from that burglary last week.
OK, I know what's happened now. :frown: :frown:
So do I. I think the uni are going to tell people. :frown:
i don't. PM me? I'm just curious.
Reply 110
I was on the bus very nearly in tears
it's probably best if i don't ask then and wait to find out, sounds heavy.
Hmm... My friend told me apparently it was the flat below her :eek:
I would ask, but i expect i'm not going to be told... I'll wait to find out.
olileauk
I would ask, but i expect i'm not going to be told... I'll wait to find out.

seconded
Can someone not please post the news in a dignified maner? Is "I know but I cant find a respectful way to post it on the internet" really helping matters?
most people are already aware that something has happened, so the comment is rather irrelevant.
True.

I don't see the difference between writing it here and people talking about it.

There's been news that somebody in one of the halls committed suicide over the past couple of days and it was discovered today. That's the basic facts of it.
That's pretty much what i'd heard :p:
I hear the Stag's was shut tonight too, don't know if it's linked. I was actually gonna go down there, i've not been out since last monday :angry:
:frown: :frown:

It's like the block behind me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending