The Student Room Group

Ucas problem

so I got my track letter through today and I took a look at all my info to check that it has gone through properly...and Ucas has managed to change my higher human biology into regular biology

With regular biology I would still meet all the entry requirements etc but it's just the wrong qualification...since its been sent away should i just leave it or what?

Anyone else with higher human had the same problem?
Reply 1
If it even matters, the universities will check with the examining board I would presume.
Reply 2
Just write a letter to your 4 medical schools with your UCAS number on it explaining very concisely what has happened. You could just leave it and I'm sure it won't matter but you don't want to turn up in september, have them look at the certificates and find that they're sending you home. Honesty is a cornerstone of being a doctor.
Reply 3
YoSuis
since its been sent away should i just leave it or what?

You should contact the universities that you've applied to, letting them know that one of your qualifications was entered incorrectly.
you should let ucas know and the unis...because when they get our results next year, if the wrong qualification is down, then your grade may not be registered.
Reply 5
Thanks .....

Do you think that any of this is going to be held against me? Sseeing as Ucas are fefusing to accept responsibility?
Reply 6
YoSuis
Thanks .....

Do you think that any of this is going to be held against me? Sseeing as Ucas are fefusing to accept responsibility?

I can't see why it would. These mix up happen, contact your unis and let them know and it should be ok :smile: try not to worry
Reply 7
YoSuis
so I got my track letter through today and I took a look at all my info to check that it has gone through properly...and Ucas has managed to change my higher human biology into regular biology

With regular biology I would still meet all the entry requirements etc but it's just the wrong qualification...since its been sent away should i just leave it or what?

Anyone else with higher human had the same problem?

Sorry, but I fail to understand how UCAS changed anything on your application.
Reply 8
lpool56
Sorry, but I fail to understand how UCAS changed anything on your application.

In Scotland Higher Human Biology and Higher Biology are two different subjects.....I mean it's like swapping chemistry for history...well maybe not that bad lol
Reply 9
airtones
Just write a letter to your 4 medical schools with your UCAS number on it explaining very concisely what has happened. You could just leave it and I'm sure it won't matter but you don't want to turn up in september, have them look at the certificates and find that they're sending you home. Honesty is a cornerstone of being a doctor.

Letting UCAS know is the first step - UCAS will do the rest.
Reply 10
It probably won't be held against you but you must act on it quickly. Don't wait for interviews or anything like that. The sooner you do it the clearer your intentions are and it makes it easy for them to see that it wasn't your plan to decieve them. If you leave it till later or even don't tell them at all then it makes it seem as though you told them to improve your chances.
Reply 11
Fluffy
Letting UCAS know is the first step - UCAS will do the rest.

Unfortunately not....they've finally changed it but they're leaving the explanations down to me =[
Reply 12
You'll just have to say you accidently selected the wrong option.

Latest

Trending

Trending