The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No I only put my application in at the beginning of October, said I could work from the start of Febuary so I would imagine my training would be around that time. So does that mean your not working with PGL next year?
ive applied n they said that they'll review my application in november and maybe offer me something if there's vacancies. Im considering going for mark warner instead though to do tennis coaching.. hmm decisions decisions.. any idea what i should do?
anyone been offered a job yet?!
Reply 4
nope, applied in october but they said they would reconsider in in november. when i log onto the pgl website it is not even recognising that I have applied - useful!
yeah same for me but they emailed me recently to say they were processing my application, and contacting references although i have spoken to some of my references and they've said that they havnt heard anything yet. Pgl also said that they hadnt linked my application to an online account and that they would email me giving the details of stuff to do with that within a week, but they havnt yet.. grr... ok rant over. I just really hope they offer me a job.Where've you applied to work? good luck
PGL are pretty disorganised, don't expect a lot from them...!
Reply 7
gah its really starting to wind me up! 'My PGL' thing still isn't recognizing that I've applied, and I received a letter today dated 6th November (?!) asking for a photocopy of my degree - which I sent about a month and a half ago!
thats a bit crap.. the 'my pgl' thingy recognises that i've appled now but all my referees say that they havnt received anything from pgl.. so i have no idea whats going on. bit of a pain in the arse really.
I have been accepted and invited to a week in jan for training before starting at winmarleigh hall in preston..
nice. well done, whats the job?
Reply 11
wahey, at last! my application is being recognised and my referees have been contacted apparently! and now im allowed access to all this exciting new information, haha im sad.

what job have you applied for katycaresse, and for what dates? that seems really fast, nice one!
hmm yeah trouble is i've got that far but the two referees i've spoken to havn't been contacted even though it says that they have. Starting to get pissed off with this application process I thought it would be quicker than this..
Anyone know what the typical age of PGL instructors is? I'm 18 and am thinking of doing it next year but don't want to be younger than everyone else...
Reply 14
Yeh i know the feeling - looking at my pgl it says that my references were contacted on the 7th Nov, seems unlikely as I was only allowed to gain access to the site on the 27th! ah well patience, or maybe persistence, is key!

and to grapevine - as far as I have gathered (bearing in mind I've only applied, not actually worked there) it is a mix of ages - some will be working in gap years before uni, some will be after uni, and others will have worked there year after year. So I wouldn't worry.
Yeah yoohoo is right about the mix of ages..
i rang the buggers up today and they said theyd send out requests for the references to my referees again cos they hadnt heard anything. bt annoying, hope this doesnt damage my chance of getting a job as they havnt been given the references quickly enough..
Reply 17
championsleague1
i rang the buggers up today and they said theyd send out requests for the references to my referees again cos they hadnt heard anything. bt annoying, hope this doesnt damage my chance of getting a job as they havnt been given the references quickly enough..

exactly the same, rang them up this morning and have exactly the same problem. How likely is it that all 3 of my referees got the information and didn't bother to reply... hmm!
Reply 18
PGL looks a great place to work and lots of fun, you will have a brill time!
woo! one reference down, one to go.. still a bit worried its gonna be too late

Latest