The Student Room Group
Reply 1
After I finish the bloody never ending content.
Reply 2
perhaps not revising, as such, you should be concentrating on learning the content. Going over your notes now and making sure you understand them will mean revision won't be as hard. I started properly revising in mid-december and got a good A.
Reply 3
i think if you progressively make notes read a bit everyday if possible will be useful - im trying to do that but it is soooo difficult finding time
Reply 4
Gonna revise early december probably. Not bothered about it now, just understanding the content of the course at the moment is the main priority for me.
Reply 5
We've finished everything for this module, we just need to do The heart and lungs. So I won't have any more content to learn.
Reply 6
:frown:
I'm well jealous of you guys!
I don't have the exam in Jan... so gonna have to remember ALL this as well as ALL the next unit for June exams :frown:
Reply 7
M_J
I don't have the exam in Jan... so gonna have to remember ALL this as well as ALL the next unit for June exams :frown:

I had to do the same. I wouldn't let that worry though, it's not as bad as you think! Just don't leave everything to the very last minute obvss :p:
Reply 8
What exam board?
Reply 9
Sanjetti
I had to do the same. I wouldn't let that worry though, it's not as bad as you think! Just don't leave everything to the very last minute obvss :p:

That will be hard for me but yes I will try! :p:
Hope you're right!!

kiss__this_x
What exam board?

AQA :frown:
Reply 10
M_J
That will be hard for me but yes I will try! :p:
Hope you're right!!

AQA :frown:

Im on AQA and we're doing a module in January and June :s-smilie: AQA B, the new spec.
M_J

Same. AQA A?

Our college doesn't do Jan exams. They teach the courses in the way they think if best. In physics we'll have done half of unit 2 and half of unit one by chritmas. They like to do mechanics first, and also materials before electricity. I would have preferred to do Jan exams but there we are!
Reply 12
kiss__this_x
Im on AQA and we're doing a module in January and June :s-smilie: AQA B, the new spec.

Lucky :frown: I think I'm on AQA A, I know there is the option to take the exam in Jan, but apparently we might not have covered the full topic in time.. :s-smilie: :frown:

AnonyMatt
Same. AQA A?

Our college doesn't do Jan exams. They teach the courses in the way they think if best. In physics we'll have done half of unit 2 and half of unit one by chritmas. They like to do mechanics first, and also materials before electricity. I would have preferred to do Jan exams but there we are!

Yep AQA A
Aww :frown: For me it's only biology where I don't have a Jan exam, and its possibly the course with the most content to remember!!
M_J

Yep AQA A
Aww :frown: For me it's only biology where I don't have a Jan exam, and its possibly the course with the most content to remember!!

My physics teacher was explaining that in the summer we'll have a pile of notes 'this'* big.

*He had his hand in teh air about a foot higher than the desk.

He then went on to say that the chemists would have the same amount of work. Then he said that if anyone took biology instead, or were silly enough to take all three (me) that their pile would be 'this'** big.

**He stood on a stool and had his hand as high as he could.

Woo!
Reply 14
AnonyMatt
My physics teacher was explaining that in the summer we'll have a pile of notes 'this'* big.

*He had his hand in teh air about a foot higher than the desk.

He then went on to say that the chemists would have the same amount of work. Then he said that if anyone took biology instead, or were silly enough to take all three (me) that their pile would be 'this'** big.

**He stood on a stool and had his hand as high as he could.

Woo!

Oh dear I'm feeling your pain :frown:
Good luck!! :p:
I took AQA A biology on the old spec i think they have changed alot now.

I had to take all the exams in June but i had the added bonus of a courswork module worth 30% of my AS grade.

i think as long as you get the right work ethic and keep working at it there is no reason you cant do well in January, it will take the pressure off you in June aswell.
M_J
Oh dear I'm feeling your pain :frown:
Good luck!! :p:

Haha, you too. I'm finding biology really easy though - doesn't really require much thought does it? You just need to remember facts and understand concepts. It's really interesting too so remembering the stuff isn't hard at all!

Biochemistry has been really great in my opinion, but that might be unit 2 stuff, I'm not sure.

Latest