The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mobb_theprequel
Heya. :smile:

I've got offers from LSE (AAA) & Kings (AAB). I haven't heard from Nottingham, UCL & Durham.

I think I'm going to accept LSE as my firm and either Kings or Nottingham (if I get an offer) as my insurance. However, I'm not really sure about what I'm going to do next year - I'm increasingly coming round to the idea of a gap year.

How about yourself?

The gap year idea is remarkably strong in my eyes too. Actually seems to be quite a common thought - I think Londonbum, Tomcooling, myself and now you have now mentioned it for law.

Me, just Kings AAB and Exeter AAB. LSE have put me on the "internal shortlist", and haven't yet given me an offer, so im in the "maybe" file.

If I don't get LSE / UCL there's a strong probability I'll reapply. Don't know what will happen if I get them though.
Lottelo
The gap year idea is remarkably strong in my eyes too. Actually seems to be quite a common thought - I think Londonbum, Tomcooling, myself and now you have now mentioned it for law.

Me, just Kings AAB and Exeter AAB. LSE have put me on the "internal shortlist", and haven't yet given me an offer, so im in the "maybe" file.

If I don't get LSE / UCL there's a strong probability I'll reapply. Don't know what will happen if I get them though.

Yes, I've discussed the matter with Tom Cooling over MSN, and I think there's a lot to be said for taking a gap year.

I guess that we're fortunate, in that we don't have to make any vital decisions until the summer - after the exams. However, I'm quite daunted at the prospect of being in a worse position [in terms of university options] come this time next year though. That's my primal fear.

I suppose, in a funny sort of a way, it's a 'good' thing that there are quite a few of us in a similar position on the forum.

Good luck with UCL and LSE.
mobb_theprequel
I wasn't trying to belittle either yourself or UEA - I was just feeling cantankerous. :p: :wink:

Here's the table which I was making reference to: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,716,00.html

There's nothing wrong with UEA - and you must have impressed them
inordinately, to have been given an offer of EE.

All the best for Cambridge.

Rob

For the slow people like myself....what is a EE offer? Just curious

:smile:
essentially it's an unconditional offer but they can only give you those if you already have your exam results (like if you take a gap year and apply late). Instead, UEA have said they'll take me on the condition I get at least two E's in my A Level...not a bad insurance offer, huh?
I see..very good...how did you pull that one?
I'm not 100% sure. But I have good grade predictions (AAA), I'm doing extra things like AEAs, and I do loads of extra curricular stuff, including mock trial. A combination of that and maybe LNAT? Or my reference being all glowy and stuff. Or something. So I suppose they decided I was worth it. I'm not complaining!!
Well done girl, I applied there last year I got a offer at ABB, got accepted, but i rejected them afterwards, cause i realised it wasn't for me. Good on you, good luck with your exams, and the whole process
Thank you :biggrin:
how comes messiah got an ABB offer from bristol? thats well good????
Reply 29
Warwick ~ AAA
King's ~ AAB
UEA - EE

:biggrin:

Oh... LNAT score - known, but undisclosed :smile:
Dreama
Warwick ~ AAA
King's ~ AAB
UEA - EE

:biggrin:

Oh... LNAT score - known, but undisclosed :smile:

Aww, come on Dreama, you can tell us! :smile:

At the very least, will you tell us when the rest of us get our results! :smile:
Reply 31
No. Everyone here is of a vastly high intellect and will get higher than me anyways :smile:

I'm happy with the offers it's got me, that's all that matters :smile:
Reply 32
Dreama
No. Everyone here is of a vastly high intellect and will get higher than me anyways :smile:

loooool erm for somereason i dont think i even got above 5 on that test..i dont think it even matters! i got offers from durham and cam i dont think they even cared about it:s-smilie: which is worrying because i was really p..... off about the test it was soo hard, i respect u so much for getting over 17 i think u said...i wish i got that! Anyways gluk2everybody with LAW uni applications :smile:
Reply 33
Which uni are you going to pick?? Cam?
Ive got offers from:

Cambridge (Queens') AAA
Birmingham AAA
Kings AAB
Southampton AAA
and Reading AAB

Am totally unsure which of those or how many are top 20 unis

... Just waiting for Bristol now :s-smilie:

Louisexxxx
Dreama

Yes it is all that matters :smile:

It hasn't got me anything yet though :'( :'(
Reply 36
Mobb, In the table you posted from the Times it shows the destinations of places like Keele and Kent as 84/86. Does this mean that about 86% of undergrads will get a job as a solicitor/barrister?
Reply 37
I've got offers from Notts(yay!) and Manchester, and Queen Mary (tho, I doubt that's in the top 20...)
Reply 38
wtf is going on?! Ive only got one offer atm, none of my LNAT unis have replied, and I dont know my LNAT score! How come UK applicants have recieved offers from LNAT unis already? Its not fair!
Sofa King
wtf is going on?! Ive only got one offer atm, none of my LNAT unis have replied, and I dont know my LNAT score! How come UK applicants have recieved offers from LNAT unis already? Its not fair!

Thats not such a bad thing! Two of my LNAT unis have rejected me!

Latest

Trending

Trending