The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

and is the formal dinner confirmed, orrr not? thks
kingofkrunk16
ye Leebieleena, im stayin at st. catharines too apparently.

Aw, yay! There seems to be a few of us staying at St Cat's. :woo:
I don't know about the formal dinner... people who went last year have said that they had one, but it didn't say anything about it on this year's programme so I'm a tad confused? Hmmm.
Looking forward to meeting you all - can't believe it's only 18 days... :eek:
Reply 62
yellow91
Thank god! i seriously thought i was alone! Yes i guess it might be mixed.
Newnham is really close to the law faculty i think so atleast we wont get lost!

Lol thats what I was thinking! All the colleges are spread out so much through Cambridge but we get to be across the road:yep:
Leebieleena
Aw, yay! There seems to be a few of us staying at St Cat's. :woo:
I don't know about the formal dinner... people who went last year have said that they had one, but it didn't say anything about it on this year's programme so I'm a tad confused? Hmmm.
Looking forward to meeting you all - can't believe it's only 18 days... :eek:

I don't know if you got one too, but yesterday they sent me an email saying that they're going bowling instead this year, so no formal dinner. It looks like there have been quite a few queries, as that part of the message was capitalised! :p:
so its a confirmed social evening. only bowling. :biggrin:.
St. Cats ppl can any1 pm?
Who is staying at Newnham college? Message me so we can get to know each other beforehand! Very excited :biggrin:
Reply 66
Pembroke anyone...?
Can't wait! :biggrin:
hwiggy
Pembroke anyone...?
Can't wait! :biggrin:

You're the first person I've found - I'm staying in Pembroke too! :biggrin:

I can't wait either - it looks really nice. I was reading on Wikipedia, and I think the building was designed by Sir Christopher Wren.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you'd like a chat. :smile:
Reply 68
Chloekc
Lol thats what I was thinking! All the colleges are spread out so much through Cambridge but we get to be across the road:yep:

I really want to explore Cambridge and the other colleges a bit to get a feel for the place though, so i hope we have some time to have a wander between all of the lectures and what-not!
Reply 69
on the formal dinner trinity decided that they wanted £50-£60/head to do it, which is why it is not happening :redface:
Reply 70
Just booked my train tickets - its only costing my like £30 return, which really isn't too bad, as I was expecting a lot more
I'm actually really excited, I've never been to Cambridge so I want a good look round - and at all the colleges as well, not just St. Cats
Can't believe in two weeks we'll all be there! ha
Reply 71
I haven't booked the train ticket yet...:frown:
Reply 72
16-24 railcard :yep:
Reply 73
I'm so excited as well, only a week or two now.
Anyone in Peterhouse? Haven't found anyone yet !
Reply 74
i was on the waiting list and managed to get a place a few days ago! i'm so excited :smile:
is anyone staying at newnham?!
Hey just thought to search TSR for this

I'm going as well, staying at Pembroke!! Haha I'm all excited now :tongue:
Muppety_Kid
You're the first person I've found - I'm staying in Pembroke too! :biggrin:

I can't wait either - it looks really nice. I was reading on Wikipedia, and I think the building was designed by Sir Christopher Wren.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you'd like a chat. :smile:

The chapel was designed by Wren, but that's all. I'm a third year at Pembroke and will be around the whole time so if you have any questions just let me know :smile:
FadedJade
The chapel was designed by Wren, but that's all. I'm a third year at Pembroke and will be around the whole time so if you have any questions just let me know :smile:

Oh wow, thanks. :smile:

Whereabouts is the Plodge, out of interest? I'm sure it'll be signposted, but it's good to have a vague idea!
Next to the front door.
FadedJade
Next to the front door.

I'm ashamed I didn't work that one out. :redface: