The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm a fellow commuter, haven't really met many people either, so you're not alone. It'd be so much easier if I lived right next to the uni.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Bubbles*de*Milo
Heh, what do you do? And where do you commute from?

I'm a physicist; I come from Dulwich/Norwood, which you've probably never heard of.:p:
Reply 22
fleur_de_haine
I still haven't gelled well with many QMUL-ites, but that's probably because I commute in, and well, I'm an acquired taste.:ninja:

I'm sure you'll find someone you click with in time; just 'put yourself out there' a little maybe.

Like marmite? :p:

Well I'm the lone ranger! :ninja:
Nitzy
That's really sad. It's going to be a bit odd going in on Monday. It's kinda like when that guy that was killed by the 25 bus I couldn't really use it like I did after that.

Yeah. Y'know, up until the other day I wondered how it was even possible for the driver of the bus not to notice he was dragging something(one), but, then I saw one hurtling along with a full rubbish bag like stuck just after its middle wheels.:s-smilie:

I don't like the 25 anyways; it's far too packed!
Bubbles*de*Milo
And drink by myself? Find a group and try and tag along? That's not really my thing, I prefer to go with people, but I'm really not one to ask: Can I come with? I know it's my own fault, but I'd rather be asked to come, I don;t know anyone well enough to ask to come with, if they were my friends then whatever, but they're not.

Ask your SOAS mates to come with you?
Absinth
I'm a fellow commuter, haven't really met many people either, so you're not alone. It'd be so much easier if I lived right next to the uni.

It'd make the 9am lectures easier too! And the days when you only have one lecture. And the days when there are hours between lectures!
fleur_de_haine
I'm a physicist; I come from Dulwich/Norwood, which you've probably never heard of.:p:

Lol why commute so far?
Bubbles*de*Milo
Long and hard!
Hehe if you have any specific questions about the course feel free to ask :biggrin:

Thanx a lot. :smile:
Reply 28
fleur_de_haine
Yeah. Y'know, up until the other day I wondered how it was even possible for the driver of the bus not to notice he was dragging something(one), but, then I saw one hurtling along with a full rubbish bag like stuck just after its middle wheels.:s-smilie:

I don't like the 25 anyways; it's far too packed!

It is a bit odd, I don't live far off where it happened like 5 minutes or so, and I kept staring at the bus wondering how it could of happened. Plus the drivers are stupid I prefer the train! :yep:
Nitzy
Like marmite? :p:

Well I'm the lone ranger! :ninja:

Indeedy, just worse! My courses mates actually did ask me to come to lunch with them the other day, but I had to decline on account of...well...just not being comfortable going.:s-smilie:
Nitzy
It is a bit odd, I don't live far off where it happened like 5 minutes or so, and I kept staring at the bus wondering how it could of happened. Plus the drivers are stupid I prefer the train! :yep:

It's worrying to think how easily it might have been us, or someone we know.
Bubbles*de*Milo
Lol why commute so far?

I couldn't bear to live in halls, or with other students. Nice one bedroom places are just so rare/expensive it just doesn't make sense to move out, though, I think I'll definitely have to by next year!
Reply 32
fleur_de_haine
Indeedy, just worse! My courses mates actually did ask me to come to lunch with them the other day, but I had to decline on account of...well...just not being comfortable going.:s-smilie:

Lol I'm not comfortable with eating in public because my cousin used to make faces at me when I was younger and fat lol.

fleur_de_haine

It's worrying to think how easily it might have been us, or someone we know.

I know! *shudders*
Reply 33
There's no point in me moving into halls I live too near! And even if I did I would be a terrible flatmate! :p:
Nitzy
Lol I'm not comfortable with eating in public because my cousin used to make faces at me when I was younger and fat lol.

I know! *shudders*

Oh, I used to not be able to eat around people, but meh, now I'm slightly better about it. I ate in the street (doughnuts) the other day, which was a fairly big thing for me!

I just didn't go because:

a) They were going to a pub.
b) I don't think I have anything in common with them.
c) I imagine that they were only being polite.

Though I imagine I should be careful, seeing as one of them happens to breeze through here every now and again.
Reply 35
fleur_de_haine
Oh, I used to not be able to eat around people, but meh, now I'm slightly better about it. I ate in the street (doughnuts) the other day, which was a fairly big thing for me!

I just didn't go because:

a) They were going to a pub.
b) I don't think I have anything in common with them.
c) I imagine that they were only being polite.

Though I imagine I should be careful, seeing as one of them happens to breeze through here every now and again.

Ah I see I do eat but I'm very slow, I was even late for a practical because of it! Lol I talk too much with one of my friends I have a habit of bringing people down to my slowness! Muahaha :ninja:
Reply 36
fleur_de_haine
It'd make the 9am lectures easier too! And the days when you only have one lecture. And the days when there are hours between lectures!

Exactly. I have those types of days combined. A one-hour-lecture day, which starts at 9am... :shifty:
Nitzy
Ah I see I do eat but I'm very slow, I was even late for a practical because of it! Lol I talk too much with one of my friends I have a habit of bringing people down to my slowness! Muahaha :ninja:

Lol, eating slowly isn't a bad thing.
Absinth
Exactly. I have those types of days combined. A one-hour-lecture day, which starts at 9am... :shifty:

I guess at least you get the rest of the day free; mine is in the middle of the day, so I'm pretty screwed before and after!
Reply 39
Absinth

I feel your pain! But mine drags till one (with a break) on Mondays, but on Tuesday it's from 9-6pm with either a massive 4 hour break or even better a practical. :\

Latest

Trending

Trending