The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Paper went very well - am v. pleased with it :biggrin:

Sorry, can't remember all my answers... but comparing with class mates after showed that they were promising :smile:

MdSalih
Reply 2
For the venn diagram one did you take away all of the shared values such as 6 from each A, B and C? I dont think it was very clear.
Reply 3
I think I did well, but I was annoyed at the amount of 'word' questions.

For the Venn diagram, you have to take away 6 from all the values that had 2 defects, and then in turn take away the '2 defect' values away from the 1-defect values (sorry if that doesn't make sense). And you should also get 918 outside the circles.
Reply 4
mockel
I think I did well, but I was annoyed at the amount of 'word' questions.

For the Venn diagram, you have to take away 6 from all the values that had 2 defects, and then in turn take away the '2 defect' values away from the 1-defect values (sorry if that doesn't make sense). And you should also get 918 outside the circles.

Thats what I did but i got 938 outside the circles instead.There was alot of word questions especially about the discrete uniform distribution ( which i stupidly called continuous!)- Did you use a die as an example?
Reply 5
sash37uk
Thats what I did but i got 938 outside the circles instead.There was alot of word questions especially about the discrete uniform distribution ( which i stupidly called continuous!)- Did you use a die as an example?

Oh, I can't really remember the exact value, but anyway...
Yeah, rolling a die is what I said. I didn't like the rest of that question though.

I was stuck on the normal distribution for a while, but eventually I managed to show that the shaded area was 0.1179 (or whatever it was), and I got 8.64 for the value of 'b'.
Reply 6
i messed up the last part to the last question on the normal distribution, the 4 mark and 3 mark question before it, so thats 7 marks lost
Everything else was orite, only other dodgy question was the probability one
Anyone remmeber the questions + answers?
Yup i used a die for the uniform discrete variable example
Wat did u lots write for the assumption thing for he last part of that question?
Reply 7
I couldnt do the last 2 parts of the normal distribution.oh well the rest was OK- especially the box plots and PMCC
Reply 8
Sharma
i messed up the last part to the last question on the normal distribution, the 4 mark and 3 mark question before it, so thats 7 marks lost
Everything else was orite, only other dodgy question was the probability one
Anyone remmeber the questions + answers?
Yup i used a die for the uniform discrete variable example
Wat did u lots write for the assumption thing for he last part of that question?

Yeh me too. I didnt even understand that question so i left it out. For the probability ones i got
936/1000 or 117/125 for no defects
49/1000000 for both b defects
and I cant remember the rest.
Reply 9
For P(both B), I did:

(37/1000)*(36/999) = 1/750

I assumed they meant without replacement.
Reply 10
Great i got 117/125 for no defects too

cnt remember the ones after that
Reply 11
sash37uk
Yeh me too. I didnt even understand that question so i left it out. For the probability ones i got
936/1000 or 117/125 for no defects
49/1000000 for both b defects
and I cant remember the rest.

the paper wasnt bad besides again the amount of wordy questions..i agree with ur no defects answer but wasnt b (37/1000)^2.. **looking back replacement brings more questions
for the venn diagram where it was P(B given one defect)..i got the correct answer just by looking at the diagram n wrote it down...checked the working with my calculator but never wrote it down!...do u reckon i'l get marks cut for no working :frown: its not my fault i can spot things :P
Reply 12
hajira
the paper wasnt bad besides again the amount of wordy questions..i agree with ur no defects answer but wasnt b (37/1000)^2.. **looking back replacement brings more questions
for the venn diagram where it was P(B given one defect)..i got the correct answer just by looking at the diagram n wrote it down...checked the working with my calculator but never wrote it down!...do u reckon i'l get marks cut for no working :frown: its not my fault i can spot things :P

Yeah i did that at first but then saw it was 2 marks so there must have been more to it
Reply 13
sash37uk
Yeah i did that at first but then saw it was 2 marks so there must have been more to it

oh well..i guess thats a marks gone :hmpf:
Reply 14
Did anyone draw a tree diagram for the first question? :deal:
Reply 15
did you need to work out PMCC?
Ijust said it was positive (scatter graph) ?
Reply 16
sash37uk
Did anyone draw a tree diagram for the first question? :deal:

wat was the first question?
Reply 17
i got 938 outside the circle...some ppl are saying 918...im getting worried now
Reply 18
o no actually wasnt it where u were SuPposed to draw the tree diagram...yes i did...wat abt it?
Reply 19
ez_231
i got 938 outside the circle...some ppl are saying 918...im getting worried now

i got 936

Latest