The Student Room Group

The Ultimate Room Decoration At University Thread

Scroll to see replies

I put a sparkly edging around my notice board, stuck loads of photos up all over the walls, put cushions on my bed, a nice rug, a paper bin, posters from the uni poster sales and some ornaments (VW camper van money boxes!) Looks good and is very homely :smile:
My pinboard (backed with wrapping paper):

My room, looking a bit of a mess. I have postcards all down my wardobe, things pinned up al over my walls, photos in frames on my desk... things around my desk...

I'll tidy up tonight and get more specific pictures. XD
Reply 22
Spotty Dog
My pinboard (backed with wrapping paper):

My room, looking a bit of a mess. I have postcards all down my wardobe, things pinned up al over my walls, photos in frames on my desk... things around my desk...

I'll tidy up tonight and get more specific pictures. XD

Woah, I once slept in a girls room that looked exactly like that. I frantically clicked on to your profile to see if you were her, haha.

I totally forgot about this thread, i'll take a pic later!
Reply 23
I got a lovely Terence Conran duvet from John Lewis clearance! It's always worth a look if you want a really nice one. Definitely go with Primark/Dunnes Stores/Argos (not sure how cheap argos are though) for your pillows and duvet. I think mine cost about £15 combined.

You get good quality duvet sets from either George at Asda or Next.

Most of my room is messy and cluttered, but I have nice little areas on my bookshelves where my perfumes are (set on a nice cream dish thing), pretty little boxes filled with jewellery. I cleared my window sill and set an oil burner (you don't even need to burn it, the sun makes my room smell gorgeous in the summer) and crystal stone things which I forget the name of at the moment.

You're in tiny rooms at uni, so invest in good storage to make it seem less of a **** tip. Storage boxes!
Reply 24
a bean bag, posters, stero system, laptop, xbox 360, and can't think of anything else at the moment
Reply 25
Is there anything that can be used to put up posters that won't leave a mark on the wall? I've got white walls in my room at home and the blu-tack's left lovely stains where my posters used to be! I don't want to get in trouble with the accommodation people for ruining their walls :s-smilie:
Reply 26
banannah
Is there anything that can be used to put up posters that won't leave a mark on the wall? I've got white walls in my room at home and the blu-tack's left lovely stains where my posters used to be! I don't want to get in trouble with the accommodation people for ruining their walls :s-smilie:

I've heard poster putty's good, but not tried it myself. :smile: Think you can normally get it from the university's book shop. :p:
banannah

White tack leaves far less of a mark
Reply 28
im just gonna stick up loads of pics and posters... and i have loads of random crap to dot around the place!
Reply 29
I want to colour all the XKCD comics and cover one wall in them :biggrin:

I have wrapping paper on the wall, photos, postcards and other objects stuck to the wall.

on the bed i have a lovely fluffy double duvet, a blanket, some cushions and of course a cuddly toy.

loads of photographs stuck to my wardrobe, a banner from my birthday and then you can also see a lot of random items stuck to my notice board.
Reply 31
banannah

Not tried them but maybe these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-Command-Adhesive-Poster-Strips/dp/B000HHI6MA
Reply 32

Amazon LIES! They are impossible to get off walls.
Reply 33
I use pritt pads for sticking posters up at home so will just use them at uni, they come off gloss paint easily, dunno about any other kind of wall.
FAIRY LIGHTS!

Heheh :p: that Supernice place looks amazing :eek: going to get me some of those for Sept :biggrin: (edit: after noticing the prices, I may just have to make some of my own... :mute:)

I decorated my room this year with cactii, plants, posters, little notes all over the wall from friends/ things to do/ remember, photos, maps (I'm a history student and I get confused if I don't know where countries are in relation to each other :p:), wrapping paper, postcards, fairy lights, lovely cushions and throws, etc.

Ikea is excellent :yes: I'm extremely excited about decorating my next room which I move into in a couple of weeks :biggrin:
Reply 35
malleablegrace
FAIRY LIGHTS!

Heheh :p: that Supernice place looks amazing :eek: going to get me some of those for Sept :biggrin: (edit: after noticing the prices, I may just have to make some of my own... :mute:)

I decorated my room this year with cactii, plants, posters, little notes all over the wall from friends/ things to do/ remember, photos, maps (I'm a history student and I get confused if I don't know where countries are in relation to each other :p:), wrapping paper, postcards, fairy lights, lovely cushions and throws, etc.

Ikea is excellent :yes: I'm extremely excited about decorating my next room which I move into in a couple of weeks :biggrin:

You're not allowed fairy lights in Nottingham's accomodation. :frown: Second year though...

Ikea have wall stickers, which seem an ok price. Not sure at how good they are at coming off though. Plus you could always try here: http://www.paperandborders.com/rbpt_159171_933-twenty2_Wallpaper.aspx those borders can apparently be peeled off without damaging the wall. :biggrin:
This video shows you how to make your own sticky things to put on th wall as seen on Supernice http://www.threadbanger.com/decorityourself/episode/DEC_20080520 and gives you more decoration ideas
my room is practically exactly the same as my room at home, just in a smaller space! :P i have lots of decoration... paintings my friends have done, drawings/paintings i've done, a sort of banner..i think they call it bunting? i don't know. but it's hand sewn and has cute cupcakes/teacups/teapots on it :biggrin:, gig and cinema tickets, little postcards with sayings and nice pictures on them, a poster i got from paris of a pin up girl and the eiffel tower, silly things like a fairy wand and a gareth gates mask (don't ask), scarves draped, cuddly toys, a throw on my bed, a necklace tree to display my jewellery, interesting boxes that i've collected to store makeup, heat torso of the week posters, lots of pictures on the back of my door, ornaments like a little buddha and a little cupcake, a cartoon model of david hasselhoff (once again, don't ask), signed cds, nice picture frames, a fuzzy green rabbit ornament, money boxes, a pimp glass..... just collect things that you find and see, and if you own pretty things then try to find a way to display them! :biggrin:
Original post by spotty dog
my pinboard (backed with wrapping paper):

my room, looking a bit of a mess. I have postcards all down my wardobe, things pinned up al over my walls, photos in frames on my desk... Things around my desk...

I'll tidy up tonight and get more specific pictures. Xd

i love wicked!
So I have seen a few threads on here, but I have pretty much read through them all! -le sadface- So what I want to know is, how have you decorated your Uni room? Or if like me, you are planning to go to uni but are not yet there; how do you plan to decorate your room?

I'm off to uni in September and will be living in small rented halls but I'm excited for it, and think I must be the only person to plan my room out this far ahead >.<

Pictures would be good if you have any.
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending