The Student Room Group

Help with choices ^_^

I'm currently doing BND ICT, (BTEC National Diploma in ICT).

I'm in my first year, but it's nice to look ahead to uni and I want to start making decisions.

I'm sure I want to go to uni, but doing a BND as opposed to Alevels leaves me in somewhat of a worse position in many ways.

Though I'm entirely sure I want to do ICT (I wouldn't have taken the BND if I wasnt), I'm interested in, rather than a straight forward comp sci course, something extra...

This is where I get lost (and believe me I've trailed though the UCAS search many a time looking for interesting courses that are not just comp sci), Bath do Comp. Sci. ab inito mandarin chinese which tickled my fancy, but that's about it.

I'd love to do comp sci with a language, I really regret not keeping up french after GCSE (and I may re-learn it). The thing is I can only really find courses from places I wouldn't feel confident of getting in to (ie, Bath).

I'd also be interested in comp. sci. and maths together, but without a maths Alevel, I'm not sure how far I'd get with applications in this case.

I'm looking at getting DDD (tripple distinction) for my BND, I find the work easy, and interesting which is a good sign ^_^. And if it really comes down to it, I'd consider taking an A level on top of my BND in my seccond year providing my college allows it.

Can anyone give me a hand?
Reply 1
Since you find the content easy maybe you should consider doing AS Maths next year if you want to apply for computerscience & maths.
Reply 2
OCC++
Since you find the content easy maybe you should consider doing AS Maths next year if you want to apply for computerscience & maths.

I've considered doing an A level next year, the problem would be in making the decision in which one. I really need to decide whether or not I want to do comp sci with a language or not.
The logical choice if you want to do Computer Science would be Mathematics, it will open a wider variety of University options than not having an A Level in Mathematics.

Latest

Trending

Trending