The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Year of application: 2001 for 2003 entry
Did you see your reference? (Y/N): Yes
Did you have any input in your reference? (briefly describe): Yes - my housemaster compiled it based on his knowledge of me plus reports from all my subject teachers - which I'd also seen and been allowed to comment on. To be honest I didn't need to change much of it - they were much better at bigging me up than I was!
Reply 21
As for making a poll, that wouldn't allow the description of what input people had

Anyone got any opinions on the lack of standardised rules about references?

Personally I think it's unfair that some people can have the opportunity to add extra things themselves, and effectively have a 2nd personal statement. It would be better if there was a standard rule about what input could be had by the student
Reply 22
Year of application: 2008 for 2009
Did you see your reference? (Y/N): Yes
Did you have any input in your reference (briefly describe): None
Year of application: 2004 for 2005
Did you see your reference? No
Did you have any input in your reference: Yes- just simply saying about any extra-curricular stuff i'd done

Year of application: 2007 for 2008
Did you see your reference: Yes
Did you have any input in your reference? Yes- said what extra-curricular things i did, what work experience i'd done, what my dissertation was about (basicall everything apart from the academic things because that is all that my tutor knew about)

Latest

Trending

Trending