The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

HHHEEEEYYYYY peeps!!!

Thank you ALL for you fantabulociousness(soz I like to invent my own words!)-what a great bunch of friendly peep you all are! W-o-w!

Proven Angel- well done on your 2 offers thats soooooo good :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: you're completely right, its WAS a huuuuugggeee relief to get an offer- i've just gotta make sure I do the work know- wahooo!!! :rolleyes: Btw why seriously well done re bristol- is it harder to get in or sommat?

Kisa- OMG wow! 2 offers AND an interview for Edinburgh- (originally my first choice! :wink: ) very welldone! Good luck with the interview!

Kat r- Bristol v RVC- a difficult decision! That offer of ABB from the RVC would be very tempting for me- would make this year a bit easier! BUT Potters Bar area aint half as nice as Bristol!!! AAAANNNNDDD you know you want to come to Bristol with me don't you????!!!!??? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :p: Go on go on go on!

Btw one thing I've been amazed with is the amount of peep who've actually GOT offers for vet med, as its such a hard subject to get into!

1 thing though! Did anyone else face an uphill struggle in regards to their school and careers teachers? Although I appreciated their honesty in that its difficult to get into vet med, some were really funny and were really convinced that I didn't have a cat in hells chance! Oh sweet revenge! HA HA!!!!! :cool:
Reply 21
Well done. I'm at bristol and you should really enjoy the first year :smile: Make sure to take your time with the accomodation personal statement if you want to get into a Clifton hall.
GoldenBumblebee
HHHEEEEYYYYY peeps!!!

Thank you ALL for you fantabulociousness(soz I like to invent my own words!)-what a great bunch of friendly peep you all are! W-o-w!

Proven Angel- well done on your 2 offers thats soooooo good :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: you're completely right, its WAS a huuuuugggeee relief to get an offer- i've just gotta make sure I do the work know- wahooo!!! :rolleyes: Btw why seriously well done re bristol- is it harder to get in or sommat?

Kisa- OMG wow! 2 offers AND an interview for Edinburgh- (originally my first choice! :wink: ) very welldone! Good luck with the interview!

Kat r- Bristol v RVC- a difficult decision! That offer of ABB from the RVC would be very tempting for me- would make this year a bit easier! BUT Potters Bar area aint half as nice as Bristol!!! AAAANNNNDDD you know you want to come to Bristol with me don't you????!!!!??? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :p: Go on go on go on!

Btw one thing I've been amazed with is the amount of peep who've actually GOT offers for vet med, as its such a hard subject to get into!

1 thing though! Did anyone else face an uphill struggle in regards to their school and careers teachers? Although I appreciated their honesty in that its difficult to get into vet med, some were really funny and were really convinced that I didn't have a cat in hells chance! Oh sweet revenge! HA HA!!!!! :cool:

woooooooosshhh, another CrAzY lady on TSR!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

yea, im CHUFFED as well with my offers, but i seriously gotta down to some work myself now! aaaaaarrghhh, revision = makes me stressed = makes me eat chocolate = makes me more fat! :eek: :rolleyes:

well done with bristol, because i was always told that the vet interviews are pretty formal and quite hard to get thru in one piece!, and also, quite a few peeps have rejections from them (including me) so they must have liked u lots and lots! :biggrin:

I know EXACTLY wot ur saying about teachers. When i started sixth form (which is in a grammar school), i was way way behind with chemistry, so when i came in telling my chemistry teachers i wanted to be a vet, they were like 'ooooo, ok :confused: ' They even told me to think about appling for medicine instead!! But i showed my commitment, caught up and pulled through AS with an A!! YAY! So now all is well, and they are supporting me loads. I cant tell u enough how AMAZING it was to tell them i had 2 offers tho, let alone 1!! :p: Word seemed to spread v quickly as well btw (not all by my doing either! :rolleyes: ), so that was nice seen as i felt like a COMPLETE underdog! hehehe
Reply 23
My careers teacher thought that all she needed to know to give me careers guidance about a vet she would find out from watching animal hospital and vets in practice!!!!!
timeofyourlife
Well done. I'm at bristol and you should really enjoy the first year :smile: Make sure to take your time with the accomodation personal statement if you want to get into a Clifton hall.

Can you give me anymore advice on Bristol- aka
1) Any other good accomodation halls- and what do you mean by an 'accomodation personal statement'???!?!?!?!?!?!? I had enough stress with my UCAS personal statement- I don't want to do another one!!! :eek: (But will happily oblige if it gets me a good room :rolleyes:)

2) Any bad points (crime in partic places, etc)
3) Cool places to go/ eat/ boogy at?!?

Thaaannnkkk yyyoouuuu!!!! :biggrin:
ProvenAngel
woooooooosshhh, another CrAzY lady on TSR!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

yea, im CHUFFED as well with my offers, but i seriously gotta down to some work myself now! aaaaaarrghhh, revision = makes me stressed = makes me eat chocolate = makes me more fat! :eek: :rolleyes:

well done with bristol, because i was always told that the vet interviews are pretty formal and quite hard to get thru in one piece!, and also, quite a few peeps have rejections from them (including me) so they must have liked u lots and lots! :biggrin:

I know EXACTLY wot ur saying about teachers. When i started sixth form (which is in a grammar school), i was way way behind with chemistry, so when i came in telling my chemistry teachers i wanted to be a vet, they were like 'ooooo, ok :confused: ' They even told me to think about appling for medicine instead!! But i showed my commitment, caught up and pulled through AS with an A!! YAY! So now all is well, and they are supporting me loads. I cant tell u enough how AMAZING it was to tell them i had 2 offers tho, let alone 1!! :p: Word seemed to spread v quickly as well btw (not all by my doing either! :rolleyes: ), so that was nice seen as i felt like a COMPLETE underdog! hehehe

Crazy- yeah that pretty much sums me up, my friends would prob like to add to that though! :rolleyes:

Oooooooooo.........!!!!! Speaking of chocolate, I made one yesterday and am eating it now and mmmmmmm its gorgeous- just what I needed after working today!!!!

I'm from a Grammar School too and what happened to you happened in EXACTLY the same way to me- got D's n E's in November tests ( seriously) as decided to bum around for the first half of L6 (was still in extended holiday mode!) and all of my subject teachers were really dismissive etc- idiots (n thats mild, but have been told that you can't swear on here, so won't!)

oh! How much work experience have you done (this is the part I dread, as my list ALWAYS appears to be pitfully short!)
Reply 26
MY CAREER TEACHERS AND SCHOOL SUCK!!

1) They would not predict grades i needed, even though i know i can get A's!!

2) They were like you'll never be avet, why not b a vet nurse - grrrr.... I wana be a vet dammit!!

Oh well, unless i get an offer from rvc (doesnt look hopeful) they'll be proved right!!
Reply 27
hi. have any of you been interviewed at manchester yet and if so, what sort of questions did they ask you?
Geri
hi. have any of you been interviewed at manchester yet and if so, what sort of questions did they ask you?

wrong thread

Latest