The Student Room Group
Reply 1
ur mad...although i could probably relate to your 'buzz' when i finish the essay, but in my case it's probably down to relief that i have got it finished before the deadline!
Reply 2
Nope. I hate writing essays with a passion. I just can't write a good paper if I'm constrained to a topic that doesn't inspire me.
Reply 3
I used to - b4 i dropped all my essay subjects!! But yes i know what you mean i used to find i got such a buzz off of history exams...
Reply 4
Oh yes :smile:. All my subjects are essay subjects (English Lit, History and RS), and especially in RS where I get a nice argument polished off...I get a real buzz.

Even with History Poverty and State coursework, I rather liked essays; it's just the whole idea of constructing an argument and bringing all the discussions together on paper that appeals to me. So, yes I do get a buzz :wink:.
Reply 5
For me, there are two types of essays. There are those that take me hours, that I spend ages getting right, and derive no joy from it, and refuse to redraft them because the first draft was such an ordeal.

Then there are the damn good essays where all the ideas just come together, and yes there is a definite buzz to it. The same thing usually happens in exams (although that's partly because you rarely have time to faff about in exams :biggrin:
LondonBoy
When I write English essays, i get this buzz, might sound freaky, but when i sit down to write an English essay, i cant stop till its perfect, and love writing them. :rolleyes:

I'm like that too!!!
I love writting english essays, takes me a while to get started but once I do then I won't stop till it's done and perfect

Latest

Trending

Trending