The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
KatieBaby
Hey yet another person who has an interview on the 21st! im sooo nervous! how are you preparing? have you studied HoA before?!

as for UCL... join the club! i shake my fist at them too!!!

Katie x

katie, yours is on 21st too?! we should meet up :biggrin:

i havenot done any preparation whatsoever! wil probably just reread books i mentioned in the questionnaire!

x
Jassameen
They said that!!! Thats ridiculous!!!!
And yeah, they told me to send answers to their questions and a piece of work a week after i received it....i did that just before the hols...and now they've invited me for an interview! But with your questions, it doesn't matter if you repeat what you say from your personal statement, look at it as your foundation, and you're building upon it! Getting a chance to expand your answers or say what you didn't get a chance to in your ps!
Good luck!

I didn't get any questions from csm, just a short essay to write to bring to my interview!! odd, maybe i applied much later than you did :smile:
Jassameen
oh i might see you there then! I'll be the only indian girl there!!!!!!
And fellow liverpool fan, it is not too late, they do take ages to get back to people....you should be fine!
In other news- UCL just rejected me!! I shake my fist at them!!!!!

No way Katie and Jas, did either of you get interviewed first or just flat-out rejection?
**** UCL hahah :wink:
Reply 203
i know! Bastards!
But no i didn't get an interview first!!!!
As for preperation i'm just going through my ps and question thing and picking out points they might question me on!!
tis frustrating!!!!!
And yeah **** UCL! I hope we all get in to Courtauld, how wicked would that be!!!!!!!
Serbo- Georgian.....i'll keep an eye out!!!
My actual interview is at 12:05!
How's prep going?
Jassameen
i know! Bastards!
But no i didn't get an interview first!!!!
As for preperation i'm just going through my ps and question thing and picking out points they might question me on!!
tis frustrating!!!!!
And yeah **** UCL! I hope we all get in to Courtauld, how wicked would that be!!!!!!!
Serbo- Georgian.....i'll keep an eye out!!!
My actual interview is at 12:05!
How's prep going?

I just got a UCL rejection too. bad times.
Got a rejection last year w/o interview too (after waiting months months and months) and probably this year will be no exception so ill be joining you in sorrow soonish!
Hi i'm new to this forum, and has everyone finished their module exams yet? cos i have to prepare for interview.
Reply 207
Shelly from London
I just got a UCL rejection too. bad times.

They actually want no one on their course.....well no one with quality anyway! pffftttttt
And as for modules, yeah i'm done....i only had 1 exams in spanish on wed! So estoy finita! wooo!!!
Now for prep....i'm hitting the library tomorrow! Fun times!
Reply 208
Don’t worry about the Courtauld interview I thought it would be really fact-based but actually it was much more personal and you could steer the conversation how you wanted. So it’s not that bad. You’ll all find it fine! Good luck!! I got a conditional place at the Courtauld and am probably going there if I hopefully get the grades..
I have a UCL interview in February though.. eek.

Oh and by the way,
Bella90 Are you Serbian tooo??
x
Reply 209
More personal...hmmmm.....!
Did you get a painting to look at and were you questioned on it??
Sorry for the interogation type questioning.....
did they give you a painting you recognised?
I'm really nervous!!!
well done on the conditional!!!
x
Reply 210
hey sweetie yes it is! im actually meeting a friend that i met on the open day who ALSO has an interview on the 21st! if you message me with your facebook/number we should all arrange to meet up before and go to wagamammas if youre up for it?!

Katie x

bella90
katie, yours is on 21st too?! we should meet up :biggrin:

i havenot done any preparation whatsoever! wil probably just reread books i mentioned in the questionnaire!

x
Reply 211
flat out rejection... oooooh yea. lol

Shelly from London
No way Katie and Jas, did either of you get interviewed first or just flat-out rejection?
**** UCL hahah :wink:
Me30- Hey what sort of paintings or work of art did the Courtauld interview show you? -(realistic traditional ones? or more modern ones?) did you recognize them? do they give you 1 or a few to choose from? Please
Reply 213
We're all waiting Me30! Answers, answers dammit.
Reply 214
Me30
Don’t worry about the Courtauld interview I thought it would be really fact-based but actually it was much more personal and you could steer the conversation how you wanted. So it’s not that bad. You’ll all find it fine! Good luck!! I got a conditional place at the Courtauld and am probably going there if I hopefully get the grades..
I have a UCL interview in February though.. eek.

Oh and by the way,
Bella90 Are you Serbian tooo??
x

Just PMed you, and realized one of the questions was quite irrelevant! so, when was your courtauld interview?

x
Reply 215
Still waiting anxiously Me30!!!
Lowkesa...any news from the C?
Katie you were at the open day?! So was I! Argh i'm totally nervous now!
x
Reply 216
Yup I gots the questionnaire. I've said all this stuff in my personal statement! And now I've gotta regurgitate it to fit around some titles. The only thing I haven't got is an essay :/ I did a couple for A Level but they're not Courtauld standard.. The next few days are just going to blend into each other I think. Get a few Relentless down me, job's a gooden!

All the best for your interviews! Post back with all the 'goss'... hah
Reply 217
Haha sorry guys fore the laaateness. Ok basically runthrough of my interview:
First, they asked like whats my favourite painting, why etc. Then they referred to my personal statement where I said something about a particular piece and then they asked me about that. Make sure you know your statement back to front! Then they had two painting copies – one was by Vermeer and the other I didn’t recognise – it was sketchy but still recognisable – I couldn’t figure from which movement. Then they asked me to just talk about the two comparing them. They were obviously REALLY different so there was a lot to talk about – e.g. subject matter – both women – but different style and mood, brush work, atmosphere, use of contrasting colours, .. blah blah. That lasted ages. And then that was it. They didn’t give me any feedback at the time. But they wrote to me the day after.
The paintings they give you – they don’t expect you to know. I didn’t say the names of the paintings – and I didn’t even say one was by Vermeer – coz I wasn’t entirely sure at the time ( I kicked myself about that later). From what I heard from others, the images vary LOADS. Like one girl got two religious paintings – which I think is the hardest type. So it can really be anything – you cant really prepare.
Sorry i cant be of any more help. Be positive and it'll go fine!!
xxx
Reply 218
Thank you so much!!!
I actually feel really stupid right now, cause i was running around going crazy and trying to cram as much information into my head about ALL movements of art, and i didn't once stop to think...what is my favourite piece of art?!
And i can tell you trying to distinguish that one was a mission in itself!!!!!
I did thankfully come to a conclusion, but again THANK YOU! I know for sure i would have frozen up in the interview as soon as they had asked me that!!!!
x
Reply 219
And what is your conclusion Jassameen?!?

Latest

Trending

Trending