The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well done to all the Courtauld lot!
Wish it was possible for me to go there
But tbh, I'd much prefer to get out of London
Seriously can't wait to visit Nottingham
I'm going to be spending Tuesday and Wednsday night there with a mate and leave back to London come Thursday
Reply 282
Duuuude UCL interview! Anyone else heard anything? I'm celebrating with a tub of Ben and Jerry's but more's ended up on my laptop than in my mouth. I need a bib.

Jassameen, you didn't do one on Art History?! A bold move! It didn't specify in the question though did it, so good work. 1-1 again as well eh, what's the world coming to?
Reply 283
Elle the Cat - i just joined the group :smile: Woo!
Lowkesa - when's your interview at UCL? Did u have it already?
Also, to the important question - what flavour Ben and Jerry's?? lol - chocolate fudge brownie - is THE best!! ... icecream is my weakness..
x
Reply 284
Lowkesa.... the match was the epitome of frustration!! Seriously! But what a slick move from Nando....anyway i believe this is for the liverpool thread....lol....stupid blue toffeeesss!!!!
And, yeah bold move....could stupid....meh! I didn't study atr history and couldn't be bothered to write one from scratch....so yeah english it was!!
UCL?!! WELL DONE! THATS FANTASTIC....get in for all of us rejects Lowkesa!
xxx
Lowkesa - When did you apply and when did you hear back from UCL? I applied early december, and still haven't heard yet :frown:
ItaFrancoUK - I'd rather not be in london either, I've always wanted to go to Scotland! Don't ask why, but London is just too good for galleries and museums! I spose if you live in London you would want to get out for a few years
Reply 287
i applied in October and got rejected in early December! :frown:

xxx

Elle the Cat
Lowkesa - When did you apply and when did you hear back from UCL? I applied early december, and still haven't heard yet :frown:
It's annoying me! Edinburgh haven't got back to me either, and I need to have a back up
Elle the Cat
ItaFrancoUK - I'd rather not be in london either, I've always wanted to go to Scotland! Don't ask why, but London is just too good for galleries and museums! I spose if you live in London you would want to get out for a few years

Tell me about it!
I love the city, and for its history, the galleries and museums it really is THE place to be for art history
if I were in the situation of having a tabled coutauld / ucl history of art offer I'd definately have to consider
but at the same time, having lived here, it'd be nice to have a change and a big change at that!
but ultimately I know that it'll only make me love london more :biggrin: haha
where've you applied Elle? Scotland's a bit .... drastic lets say lol :wink:
St Andrews rejected me - they don't know what they are missing!
I have ABB offer for Glasgow, and AAB for Courtauld.
Edinburgh and UCL I am waiting on still!
I love Scotland, esp the east coast, and I've wanted to go there since I was about 13. I couldn't have considered anywhere else really :P
Reply 291
Elle the Cat

Heyyyy yeah I got the invitation for interview on Friday afternoon, about 5pm and sent my application December 15th. No idea how it works am afraid, I only got my Courtauld questionnaire last week end whereas you've actually got an offer! So it's obviously really hit and miss. I'm on a gap year at the moment too and already have my grades, whether that makes a difference, who knows! I wouldn't worry, just ride it out you'll hear soon I'm sure. Got my fingers crossed for you.
aw! thank you muchly! My friend got a rejection from Edinburgh for HoA today, I havent heard still, hoping thats a good thing
Reply 293
i joined that facebook group) yey!
RadiantJewel
Hiya! I dont know when my interviews are, just submitted my application a few days ago because im at uni already so I needed some time to sort reference out and stuff. I seriously hope interview dates will be a little more flexible because I have a lot of essays/deadlines coming up :eek:

Do you have your interview date for UCL too? GOOD LUCK with your interviews:gthumb:
I am sure that an interview invitation means that you are very close to an offer if you show up

Hey did you have your CSM interview yet? Mine was last week and not heard back yet :frown:

Edit: I got an offer today!
Reply 295
anyone got into ucl yet? i really wanna go there, had my interview 28th jan but i really dont know how well it went....any ideas when we'll hear?
Reply 296
- india_999
i was at that ucl interview day too, and haven't heard anything yet. they said something really vague about hearing between now and march (!)
is your name india too or is it just your display name?
Reply 297
lowkesa....have you heard back yet from anyone?!
Reply 298
Interviews at Courtauld next week and UCL early March! I'm in the Lake District paying £5 per hour for internet, scandalous! So yeahhh I'll be in touch after the big day. Or days. And my brother's just got a place on a MA course at the Courtauld so I'm extra fired up!

Heads will roll
byeee
Hey all, Ive applied at Birmingham and Goldsmiths..... applied twice at Birmingham and got flat rejection on joint honors with American studies..........
Not hearing from anywhere is getting me down :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending