The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
): It's almost the end of February and I still haven't heard from the Courtauld. Not a word. I emailed them last month and they said they've recieved my questionnaire. It's been almost 5 months. How can they take so long to make a decision?

Argh. I think I'm gonna get rejected. ;_;
Reply 321
-lowkesa (finally managed to get your display name right!)
my friend went to an earlier interview day on 21st january, and got rejected. she said her interview went awfully, so it wasn't a big surprise.
p.s i'm sure my mistake was nothing to do with your typing style - probably more an assumption based on history of art being a female-dominated subject. good to know there are some members of the opposite sex out there with an interest in it!
Reply 322
oooh tinwoman i got a reply from UCL today - conditional offer! *high five* lol :P
Reply 323
yay well done Me30! what's the first choice going to be?
Reply 324
congrats to all!!! Well done!

After a very, very long time (and it seems like forever, lol), I've received conditional offers from all of the unis I've applied to. And that includes UCL History of Art with Material Studies!! Am over the moon.

Now it is time for another nerve-wrecking period. It is kind of tough to make a choice, especially when they all have about the same offers... how are the rest of you going to go about making a choice?
Reply 325
Good to see you again, tree12! How come you don't go on MSN? D:

Interestingly enough, I got accepted by UCL too! But for pure History of Art. It's likely my first choice, should I decide to go over to study. So I might see you there!

What have you been doing so far? I've been working at ACM and TPM.
Reply 326
tinwoman - iv finally decided Courtauld is my first choice and UCL my insurance - because the grade requirement was lower for the latter. Other than that, I liked both equally. UCL seemed more exciting in a way though, because it's so much bigger and has loads of other departments nearby... it was a difficult choice. What about you?
Reply 327
if i get an offer from the courtauld (although it seems relatively unlikely - i've still not heard back from my interview last week) i will probably take it up, because they offer such unique opportunities, but i'm really happy about the idea of going to UCL, because its multi-facultedness sems to make it more diverse and dynamic. i think i'm the sort of person that would appreciate the typical university experience over such an intensely art history focused environment. that said, clearly the courtauld is awesome and i'd be very lucky to end up there : )
Reply 328
thats what i was thinking too... ucl seems way more vibrant and exciting... whichever you decide in the end you cant go wrong - theyr both top notch! Dont worry about not getting a reply yet - it took UCL 3 weeks after my interview to reply!!
Reply 329
yeah it took just over 2 weeks for UCL to get back to me, but everyone who went to the earlier Courtauld interview days seemed to hear back really fast - generally within a week, it seemed. As far as I can tell, nobody who went to my interview day has heard yet, which is strange...
Reply 330
Courtauld did reply really fast but maybe they just got lazy with the later interviews lol. If nobody else has heard back from those who were there on the same day - then theres no need to worry :smile:
Let me know when u find out! Good luck!!
Regardless of all this talk of UCL and the Courtauld, is
anyone going to Leeds tomorrow?
Reply 332
has anybody else not heard from Bristol yet? they don't even interview, so they have no excuse for keeping us waiting so long, the buggers.
I heard from Bristol literally a week after I applied back in November
Straight Unsuccessful application, nevermind though
their loss :wink:
Much prefer Nottingham and Leeds anyway
Anyone else put Nottingham first choice?
Reply 334
Lowkesa any news yet from the courtauld? The suspense is killing us all!! x
Reply 335
Hah! Not a sausage.. When I rang they said 'anytime before the 13th, we're aiming for then'. Surprise surprise it's the 13th and I'm still none the wiser. Either they're gonna drag it out for a while longer or today is THE day! Keep your fingers crossed, I'll be in touch :smile:
Reply 336
lowkesa my fingers are well and truely crossed for you!! keep us up to date!!!
Reply 337
I got myself a Courtauld offer - it's so weird, even though I'm pretty happy. I didn't even get any call for interview.

And I am so confused by the offer conditions:

This offer is subject to you obtaining

a successful completion in History, Knowledge & Inquiry, Literature in English
and Mathematics. Also you must obtain an overall IELTS score of 7.5 or above.

What does successful completion mean? And why do I have to take IELTS when my first language is English? o.O

*emails them*

Argh.
Reply 338
Lowkesa - i would be out of my wits with worrying, but dont stress im sure the reply is in the process of getting to you! My fingers are crossed for you! :smile: Good luck!! x
Reply 339
hey congratulations mewyq. i have STILL heard nothing from either the C or Bristol (less bothered about Bristol as it's definitely not going to be one of my choices, but it would still be good to know). Gargh all these admissions people need a bop on the nose.

Latest

Trending

Trending