The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Hello
I could really do with some advice anyone who can help.
Starting HoA at Leeds this year and I feel a bit lost choosing electives.
I'm thinking Colour science and an English of some form?
:smile:
Reply 481
Gawsh fellow Courtaulders: Induction timetable is pretty intense! I see we are straight into lectures and things. Should be a fun time though : )
Reply 482
Argh! I know! It's my birthday on 3rd October, that should be a cracker of a week end.
Reply 483
ahhhhh mental note for the 3rd!!!!!
wow that timetable just freaks me out....i've looked at it 3 times and it scares me even more every time!!!!
my planning goes as far as....where will i be lunching each day????? ha ha....it calms me!!!
Reply 484
lo siento! Have no idea about cambridge HoA department....
Reply 485
Courtauld folks - any decisions on which languages you're doing?
Reply 486
Ahh Me30, you've been conspicuous by your absence! I'd quite like to give German a go. And maybe even a bit of Italian on the side. But I did a GCSE in French and feel as if I've remembered the basics.. So I've had my mind made up for me really. How about you?
Reply 487
me30 has managed to convince me to do italian :wink:! was gonna do francais.... but remember literally zilch!!!!
Reply 488
This all sounds very final. When do we have to decide by? I do love a good deadline.
Reply 489
we were discussing this, and we actually don't know!
we're wondering why we all get so little information... maybe they'll enlighten us on saturday!
How are you all finding the C?
Reply 491
helloo!!!
ever since we all found each other in person at the c... we've abandoned tsr!!!
the c is amazing as expected! the people are lovely- (especially the tsr-ers)!!!! And yes it is a bundle of fun! where the c fails ULU fills in!!!!
so all in all.... it's all good!
did you go to the open day by any chance?
You make it sound so romantic! ha,
Are you in the strand? or did you have to get other accommodation?
I didn't go to the open day no...I didn't actually realise they had one!
Reply 493
ha ha, they did have one about a week ago, they may have another one, but if not i'm sure you can just come and have a look around!
oh it was very romantic, especially my relationship with me30.... we are now inseparable!!!
i'm actually living at home cause i live 30 mins away, so minor, but will be living out next year! so fun times!!!!
good luck!
x
I take history of art, but I only started this year so I am only at AS Level, I wish I had taken it from the start, but stupidly chose Maths last year.
I was wandering, with the application for Oxford, in the 750 word essay about an object of art and design, would you say it was better to not mention too much contextual aspects and what would be a good thing to write about? I spent forever trying to decide and just wandered what most people had interpreted the essay as and what art pieces they had chosen. If anyone could get back to me that be excellent.
mewyq
P.s. I've just gotten a questionaire from Courtauld, dated 14 Oct. Sent my application off on 30th Sept. Anyone else gotten it yet?

Yep! I've got mine too, a few weeks ago. :p: They are quite annoyingly basic questions, especially as I'm doing history of art at the moment for A2 so they seem almost childish to me! hehe.

But I guess that it has to be this universal because the majority of poeple haven't done History of art before :rolleyes:

I found question 3 the easiest and question 1 the hardest. Question two was quite vague to be honest, so I don't really know what they are looking for. What about you? x
Hey :smile: for those of you who are at courtauld already, how is it going so far? I've just sent off my questionnaire and writing sample, so fingers crossed!
pomplamoose
Hey :smile: for those of you who are at courtauld already, how is it going so far? I've just sent off my questionnaire and writing sample, so fingers crossed!

I dropped out of courtauld after two weeks, full of upper class sloanies living off trust funds. one or two decent people to be fair, but mostly unbearable. and you dont even get to choose your modules, i got stuck in sensory experiences in dress and textile, who gives a flying ****? the place is really stuck up its own arse and needs to move into the 21st century. if you want a name on your cv then go there but you'll probably end up socially stunted outside afternoon tea and scones.

Latest