The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Cambridge and Courtauld as firm too, should I get in.
Reply 41
i am sure you did okay, mewyq! she would not have said you are intelligent if you had done badly! which questions related to HoA did she ask?
if you do get in, you will be absolutely fine, as 1st year of Tripos at Cambridge (and indeed anywhere else) is fairly general!
anyway, fingers crossed!

bella
x
Reply 42
Hi, great to see some art history, there are none of you on the oxford application thread... though I know Cambridge is higher up on Time listing for hoa.

I've applied to:
Oxford, Worcester (acknowledged)
York (conditional offer)
St Andrews (joint with philosophy)
Reply 43
bella90: The questions she asked were initially specific to a research paper I did and we kind of branched off from there. They definately weren't general ones, though - very tailored for my context and considered my lack of background, so I highly doubt any of them woud be useful to you. She told me that I am expected to have a pretty good background if I come... so I really do have to study beforehand.

midgy8: Welcome to this thread! Did you only apply to 3 unis? I applied for anthropology and art history at St. Andrews.
Reply 44
midgy8
Hi, great to see some art history, there are none of you on the oxford application thread... though I know Cambridge is higher up on Time listing for hoa.

I've applied to:
Oxford, Worcester (aknoledged)
York (conditional offer)
St Andrews (joint with philosophy)

Hey midgy! ive applied to oxford too! (christ church) have you sent your submitted work yet?

Katie x
Reply 45
just got an offer from Warwick today!!! has anyone else applied there?

Katie x
Reply 46
hi! another hoa at oxford!!
havn't sent my work yet though
good luck!
Reply 47
Siiigh. Now I wish I applied to one of those unis that quickly give out offers lol. I was selecting my choices purely based on the reputation (i.e. rankings!) and the photographs of the unis, since I have no personal experience about living/studying in the UK. Any idea when the UCL or St. Andrews HoA department start passing around offers? Cambridge will be contacting me in late December or early January, I think, and I suppose I'll hear from Courtauld around then also... once I submit the requested work. Congrats to those of you who have already recieved offers! Even if they might not be from your first choice uni.
Reply 48
Mewyq: Courtauld dont finish holding their interviews until march so unfortunately i think youll be waiting quite a long time to hear from them....!

Midgy: yay for the oxford applicants! im sending mine off in the post tomorrow! i called the admissions today and they sounded v. unimpressed.... they were like you had better hurry up! :s-smilie: lol

Katie x
Reply 49
Katie: I dunno... for international applicants they sometimes don't hold interviews. Sigh. I'd hate to wait that long lol.
Reply 50
katie: congrats on your offer from Warwick!!

so many of you guys applying to oxford! i feel lonely here - only meqyq is by my side... sigh...
PS: note that there are no guys applying for HoA! so classic :wink:

bella
x
Hello everyone!
I got into York today! (my firm choice) yay! and i got my first offer to Sussex on wednesday! WELL DONE KATIE ON THE WARWICK OFFER! Good luck everyone!! I'm soooo happy!! =)
Reply 52
Ahhh i've applied to york too, hope i get an offer soon!
I've got an offer from manchester and an interview from leeds though yaaay :smile::smile:
now just waiting on york, brookes, and reading...

catherine x
Reply 53
katie, i wanted to ask what kind of essays you submittied for oxford. im thinking whether to choose 2 art history essays or 1 art history and 1 english...
by the way, did you get a letter with questionnaire from courtauld?

radonoghue:well-done on your offer! very glad for you! and i might see you there next year:smile:
Reply 54
bella: i submitted one marked english essay, and the other was my personsal response to an artefact of my choice.

you MUST show them a personal response essay.
you MUST show them a marked essay that has been assigned by your teacher.

therefore you can send two art history essays but make sure the non personal response one is marked!

Katie x
Reply 55
also, i did get the questionnaire from courtauld and sending it today!

Katie x
Reply 56
What essays are you guys sending for Courtauld? I don't do art history so I'll likely be sending my literature essays...
Reply 57
katie: thanks for advice. its so hard to choose my 2nd essay:frown:

mewyq: i am going to send the same essay i chose for cambridge, which is on Bellini's stylistic development. if you dont have art history related essays they want you to write an analysis of an artefact. thats what they say at least.

x
Reply 58
Bella: I don't know about that. Are our questionnaires different? Mine says:

"6. Either: Enclose a short essay (about 1000 words) that you have written recently on any topic. This can be a photocopy with your teacher's remarks.

Or: Write a 500-1000 word analysis of any work of art of your choice..."

I took that to mean ANY topic LOL. I actually emailed them and they told me to just send whatever essay that will best demonstrate my capabilities. :x
Hello everyone!

Congratualtions with all your offers!

I too am applying for HoA, though my application is still in the hands of my referee! So until it's officially sent off, my uni's are still subject to change I suppose :smile:

I am applying to UCL, Central St. Martins, Nottingham, Goldsmiths and Roehampton (with English)

I see a lot of you are applying to the Courtauld.. kinda wishing I'd chosen there now, but with my predicted grades only just AAB, and that being their typical offer I thought it was a bit risky. Maybe I'll change before my app's finalised though...

Does anybody else do A-level Art History?

Latest

Trending

Trending