The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Warwick may be a possibility as 87% of people get an offer but are you up to the challenge of doing AEA/STEP?

LSE doesn't do a straight maths course, applying for maths and economics will be a waste though to be honest.

UCL will be a tough one, I suggest changing it to Bath.

Dunno about King's/Nottingham.

It's not just about AS grades though - you'll need to be predicted at least AABa + have a good personal statement + a good reference. I hope your GCSEs are good as they may work in your favour.
Reply 2
what about business mathematics in lse and how hard is step
Reply 3
I don't really know how competitive business mathematics + statistics is. And STEP is a lot harder than A-level no doubt - you'll be looking to get around 95% in the core modules before considering STEP.
Reply 4
what about swapping lse for imperial
Reply 5
bump
Reply 6
Imperial's very competitive for maths and probably more so than LSE's business maths and statistics. Imperial also requires an A in every maths module without any resits.
Reply 7
UCL definitely doesn't make any offers unless you have a full A level in further maths
i only have an AS and asked about it, so it's probably not worth applying
Reply 8
I did fine in STEP and never got anywhere near around 95 in core (latter) modules, infact i got 93,90,79,81, though i did little to no revision for the last two. But that aside if you find you can't work fast or whatever in the core exams, STEP is perfect because it is 3 hours long.

Latest