The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well your priority should be to get into a chemistry AS class asap, you've missed some work but not much at all considering the start is mostly GCSE overlap with some extras.

BUT if worse comes to worse comes to worst, some medical courses such as Peninsula and UEA don't require chemistry. UEA only requie an A level in biology and PMS only require one science. But having said that you might still be disadvantaged compared to other applicants.

It all depends on how much you want to do medicine but I'd strongly advise you to pick up chemistry, it's not late at all.
Democracy
You could apply for the places that don't want chemistry ie Durham, Newcastle, UEA and Peninsula...

See, there must be a difference in the courses. Because from what Ive done so far (which admittedly isnt much on the grand scale of things) I think people would really struggle if they hadnt done A2 chemistry before. Some people dont like the Biological Molecules module at all...so how you'd find that sort of module without chemistry?!

So OP, Id imagine its a foundation course or have a few weeks of playing catch up by starting chem late?
some schools wont let you change courses this late into the year. last year my friend wasnt allowed to swap to biology only 4 weeks into the term
eulerwaswrong
your only in year 12 - you have only missed about 8 weeks? (is that right) - anywho youve only missed 1 half term of work - nothing a **** load of work/possibly a tutor cant solve (i assume they are sitting a module in jan - so late entry fees and all that)

ive seen people join a class later
if she's anything like me and my friends she wont have started work 'til the christmas period :tongue:
Annaconda
some schools wont let you change courses this late into the year. last year my friend wasnt allowed to swap to biology only 4 weeks into the term
even when this is the case it's not automatically damning. You can do chemistry outside of school.

anyway, most schools are accommodating if you have a good reason.
Llamageddon
if she's anything like me and my friends she wont have started work 'til the christmas period :tongue:

to be honest last year before january i did very little work at all - partly due to poor teaching - major fault with me be lazy - i did fine in maths and physics with no work - but youve got to work for chemistry so i resat it in the summer and got an A.

Hardly anyone does work september-december in year 12 - they have to much free time on their hands - going out to much- getting pissed week nights - just got a job and is so impressed with the money they work everynight ...........................

you only realise that you need to work your backsides off in about march of year 12 -
Reply 26
Isn't there another thread going on this somewhere?

Latest

Trending

Trending