The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Wear something that won't wrinkle when you fall asleep. Bond :yucky:
Reply 2
007 is incredible!!
Reply 3
Is the premiere not in London tonight? If so, then you better get dress hunting lol.
Reply 4
Not the premiere... It's like a first showing in Kent (canterbury) on the 30th! xx
Reply 5
sib
007 is incredible!!

Incredibly bad and overdone :yes:
Reply 6
Do you not have a cocktail dress? Any kind of black tie formal dress. Doesn't have to be full-length or anything (personally full-length dresses make me look like a midget!)
Ahhh JAMES BOND!!! I'm green with envy!!!

Anyway, if you want a full length dress you're probably not gonna find it on the high street for cheap, so try going to a charity shop! You'll have to do some serious searching, but generally you'll find something! You're from Surrey - I'm sure there's some pretty posh areas around where you are so go there and have a look - rich people give away some nice stuff!!! Or you could go into London and go to Chelsea / Kensington - it's mad what you find!

If you don't want full length, then I'm sure the high street has some stuff. I know Primark has this quite decent dress atm thats kinda metallic blue or purple or silver with a layered skirt for £12 (?).

From left to right, £25 at Oasis, £25 at Warehouse, £14 at ASOS.

ASOS has a 70% off sale atm and dresses as low as £8!!! Might find something there! http://www.asos.com/Women/Sale/Evening-Dresses/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=5235

Whatever you wear, make sure you enjoy yourself! Can't wait for it to come out!! :biggrin:
Reply 8
I believe Monsoon do quite nice evening dresses.. I have to go to a black tie do with my parents annually, so I've built up a collection ^^;;

Go for full-length if you can pull it off, or if you're short go for calf-length dress with heels - it'll make you look taller. OR! If you do want a shorter dress, go for just above the knee and something quite fitted. Short dresses at black tie events can be done without looking trashy (just wear a nice shawl over it or something, it's cold these days!)

You should be able to find a decent dress if you look around the high street. It depends on your budget, but I reckon you could find a nice one for around £40.

Ah, or my personal favourite... ebay! :smile:

I got this dress (bad pic, sorry!) for a black tie do from there for about £35 =D

Good luck!
Reply 9
There were some pretty nice cocktail dresses (prom-style) in Tesco today of all places, so if there's a big one year you it might be worth a try.
Reply 10
Black tie calls for a long dress i.e. below the knee at the very least. Eerika's white dress is vair pretty!!

Latest

Trending

Trending