The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

badger stripes
i dont know, but like, a lot of people i know applyin for medicine, think liverpool is a really really soft and easy way into medicine, like not as good as others :frown: .... i couldnt find any statistics on the net...?

How is liverpool easy to get into?!!!!
shahidredhot
How is liverpool easy to get into?!!!!

I suspect jealousy
crazylemon
I suspect jealousy

I suspect an Idiot.
so long as you meet the minimum academic requirements and fill out all the boxes then a rejection from any university is probably down to bad luck. 4 rejections don't come because it's "competitive", they come because there was something seriously wrong with your application.
ThePenguinMafia
so long as you meet the minimum academic requirements and fill out all the boxes then a rejection from any university is probably down to bad luck. 4 rejections don't come because it's "competitive", they come because there was something seriously wrong with your application.

:ninja: :o:
Reply 65
ThePenguinMafia

would you consider there to be anything seriously wrong with my application?

cos i suspect I'm on the road to 4 rejections.
Reply 66
badger stripes
i dont know, but like, a lot of people i know applyin for medicine, think liverpool is a really really soft and easy way into medicine, like not as good as others :frown: .... i couldnt find any statistics on the net...?

TOTAL BULL! they received around 2500 applicants for 268 places. If thats soft and easy then you're one hell of an idiot.

Lets say 300 at BEST dont meet requirements... because they were foolish enough to apply without researching... Leaving 2200 / 268 = 8... Therefore you have to be better then 7 other people to get a place.. REAL EASY!

Sources: Email saying number of applications, from LPool and Medicalschoolsonline gave me the total number of spaces.

Nor do i go to Liverpool and nor will i get in, but my 2 Cents...
badger stripes
i got a confirmation from leeds the other day, they said their main interview period was from mid december till March so..... mebbe ur friends are extra special lol :smile:

maybe :smile: might be because they're also applying for nursing at leeds :dontknow:
vj69
TOTAL BULL! they received around 2500 applicants for 268 places. If thats soft and easy then you're one hell of an idiot.

Lets say 300 at BEST dont meet requirements... because they were foolish enough to apply without researching... Leaving 2200 / 268 = 8... Therefore you have to be better then 7 other people to get a place.. REAL EASY!

Sources: Email saying number of applications, from LPool and Medicalschoolsonline gave me the total number of spaces.

Nor do i go to Liverpool and nor will i get in, but my 2 Cents...

You don't meet the GCSE entry requirements for liverpool !
Reply 69
shahidredhot

its true you only have 13 points at GCSE, they require 15.
shahidredhot

True.
vj69

i don't think you've done your research either! have you heard of their gcse points system?
Reply 72
Isometrix
i don't think you've done your research either! have you heard of their gcse points system?

Too late now though, he's applied.
We're probably just demoralising him now :rofl:

There's nothing he can do about it if he's already applied. I managed to save my friend a slot literally seconds before he was going to send it off by noticing he'd applied to B'ham without 7A*s.
SeanMartin123
On the acknowledgement letter they said they weren't interviewing for medicine until mid december :s-smilie:

i dunno then, maybe it is because they have also applied for nursing there as well :s-smilie: unless they have their interview 'call up' but it isn't till december :dontknow: but i know that they have their interviews :s-smilie:
oops no, ignore me, my bad. they have their acknowledgment for leeds - interview for York :h:
I have got an interview tooo!!!!
13th of November at Liverpool! Wooop Wooop
Bobzilla123
I have got an interview tooo!!!!
13th of November at Liverpool! Wooop Wooop

congrats!

omg when did you get your manchester interview? :frown:
Reply 78
Isometrix
congrats!

omg when did you get your manchester interview? :frown:

why is dividing by 1.5 the same as multiplying by 2/3?
jjkkll
why is dividing by 1.5 the same as multiplying by 2/3?

lol what?:confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending