The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mr-breaker
Don't worry.

1) Polling now is far more accurate nowadays compared to 20 years ago. Which indirectly leads to..........

2) No one needs to lie to a pollster about voting Obama, then actually voting McCain.

I think that's a bit of a jump in logic. Think you could explain it to us?

Unless you're implying all pre/exit polls nowadays are 100% anonymous.
weflycars
I know many Tories who would disagree.

Well they're wrong. They're tories, not political scientists.

And to the earlier point, the bottom line is America does harbor racists, whether you'd like to see it or not.

I know it does. That wasn't your argument. You said that racists may well decide the outcome of the elections, which would be based on the premise that a) racists make up a large proportion of voter bases and b) they live in swing states. You've flip-flopped Obama style on all of these assertions, provided no evidence except anecdotal nonsense which you've failed to back up even with the most sketchy of evidence. If you can't do this, you have to withdraw your claim. That's how debates work, if you're not prepared to debate or you don't know enough about what you're talking, you should leave. I'm about to finish my degree in which I've studied American politics and voter behaviour, and frankly you're talking absolute nonsense for the sake of it; you have no evidence, you're basing your argument off of films set in 1930's Missisippi. If you wanna bow out now, I'm won't blame you.

Maybe you've been blinded by saluting the flag twice a day:rolleyes:

Or maybe I'm English? Again, unsubstantiated accusations, cos, simply put, you have no ******* clue about anything you're talking about.
Or maybe I'm English? Again, unsubstantiated accusations, cos, simply put, you have no ******* clue about anything you're talking about.

No problem with saluting the flag twice a day anyway :p:
Reply 83
ForeverIsMyName
Well they're wrong. They're tories, not political scientists.

Mate, you don't know EVERYTHING, I thought you were the one who said people have the right to their own opinion, straight after you said you like Pailin... arsewipe.

ForeverIsMyName
I know it does. That wasn't your argument. You said that racists may well decide the outcome of the elections, which would be based on the premise that a) racists make up a large proportion of voter bases and b) they live in swing states. BLAH BLAH BLAH I'M TALKNG ****!!!!

Again, good old American racism could sabotage this election, there is no way I can give you proof the same way you can't give me proof otherwise. America has a load of racists, like Anne Coulter and the likes. Enough to swing the vote..

ForeverIsMyName

Your location is America, a bit confused are we :rolleyes:
weflycars
Mate, you don't know EVERYTHING, I thought you were the one who said people have the right to their own opinion, straight after you said you like Pailin... arsewipe.

I said that? Source please.

Again, good old American racism could sabotage this election, there is no way I can give you proof the same way you can't give me proof otherwise.

So you're admitting you have no evidence whatsoever for your assertion?

America has a load of racists, like Anne Coulter and the likes. Enough to swing the vote..

IN WHICH STATES?!

Your location is America, a bit confused are we :rolleyes:

I was in Istanbul last month, was I Turkish while I was there?
Reply 85
ForeverIsMyName
I said that? Source please.

So you don't think people should have their own opinions... riiiight

ForeverIsMyName
So you're admitting you have no evidence whatsoever for your assertion?

I do, it's called common sense.. wake up and smell the coffee, America is filled with racists, neo-nazis, KKK etc.

ForeverIsMyName
IN WHICH STATES?!

The southern ones, how many times, honestly...
weflycars
So you don't think people should have their own opinions... riiiight

No, but I didn't say I liked Palin, nor have I said anything about being entitled to your opinion once on this thread, which you just said I did.

I do, it's called common sense.. wake up and smell the coffee, America is filled with racists, neo-nazis, KKK etc.

The KKK has 5,000 members out of a nation of 300,000,000. The BNP received 200,000 votes in the last UK general election, and it didn't even stand in many of the seats. Where are you getting your ideas from? American History X? The Green Mile?

The southern ones, how many times, honestly...

Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia (the swing states) all have Obama in the lead or even. Unless they're swing states, they won't decide the outcome of the election, and Obama is winning in them. Do Southern States vote Repub? Of course they do, whether the candidate is black, white or ******* purple. I'm not sure why you're even pushing the racism line as a reason for Obama to lose; why is it that it's receiving no attention from analysts?
Reply 87
ForeverIsMyName
No, but I didn't say I liked Palin, nor have I said anything about being entitled to your opinion once on this thread, which you just said I did.

Wrong person, I get all you Republican mugs mixed up..

ForeverIsMyName
The KKK has 5,000 members out of a nation of 300,000,000. The BNP received 200,000 votes in the last UK general election, and it didn't even stand in many of the seats.

BNP might be nationalist, but no way near as racist as the KKK

ForeverIsMyName
Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia (the swing states) all have Obama in the lead or even. Unless they're swing states, they won't decide the outcome of the election, and Obama is winning in them.

The racists won't be voting on weekly polls, or online polls etc. They only care about voting on election day.
netprime
Nothings certain - expect death.

and taxes. - Benjamin Franklin

:yep:
Reply 89
Norfolkadam
and taxes. - Benjamin Franklin

:yep:

Not if you die before 16...:nah:
Something is either inevitable or it isn't and asking a load of students about how an election will turn out based on a load of very complicated factors is kind of worthless.
weflycars
Wrong person, I get all you Republican mugs mixed up..

I'm a liberal, but accuracy isn't your thing and that's fine.

BNP might be nationalist, but no way near as racist as the KKK

The extremist racists and KKK make up less than a hundreth of a percent of the US population; the racist voting in the UK is far more prevalent than in the US. The 'racist vote' in America isn't just an anomaly, it barely even exists.

The racists won't be voting on weekly polls, or online polls etc. They only care about voting on election day.

Where's your source? Where's your evidence? You've never lived in the US, never studied US politics and evidently not kept up with contemporary US politics, most noteably this election.
weflycars
Not if you die before 16...:nah:

You still pay VAT.
I'm quite sure we'll see the next president die in office. McCain will die of old age and Obama will be assassinated for obvious reasons.
private-radio
As a 'right-winger', I do want to see McCain win.
Furthermore, I think it will be great to have Palin as Vice. She reminds me somewhat of Thatcher.

Personally, I feel Obama is playing the race card too much. 'Im black this, Im black that...', its like, I have eyes. And I see this to be slightly stupid, considering race shouldn't be brought into it.

I think its a bit unfair to inaugurate Obama with still two weeks to go.

But another thing which is slightly off topic, but not really; why is it that people don't support Obama are apparently racist? Its rediculous.

McCain for President!

Hahahaha. What?! I truly hope I'm quoting a troll. Otherwise you're the biggest moron on TSR.
Reply 95
ForeverIsMyName
Where's your source? Where's your evidence? You've never lived in the US, never studied US politics and evidently not kept up with contemporary US politics, most noteably this election.

How can I have a source? How can you? Point is America has neough rednecks and racists to swing a vote, if Obama was white, this election wouldn't be half as close...
private-radio
I knew what I was writing about. I wouldn't have written it otherwise.
Lets look back to Obama, when in a speech he repeatedly referred to race riots in Louisiana, suggesting continuously that Bush wasn't helping because of the large black population. Showing that Obama isn't that educated to realise it was down to the state Govenor, not Bush. Furthering my argument of the race card.

Well if your for people having their views, disagree and move on, you don't have to call them 'idiots' or 'stupid'.

I despise Democrat supporters, I wouldn't make it personal though.

You're a joke. Please get off the internet. At first I thought you were a really good troll, but it's clear you're just a bit thick.

Have you even been following the election? I can't recall Barack ever going "I'm black this" or "I'm black that". I guess you just like using the phrase 'playing race card' because you have a simple mind. Please show me all these videos in which Obama uses the race card in his stump speeches. Until then, you should try make a case for how Palin is anything like Thatcher. Maybe you think all female politicans are like Thatcher, again because you have a simple mind?
weflycars
How can I have a source? How can you? Point is America has neough rednecks and racists to swing a vote, if Obama was white, this election wouldn't be half as close...

Gore lost North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Virginia and Alabama, and last time I checked he was white, and he got more votes than Dubya did. Where was the racist brigade then?
Reply 98
ForeverIsMyName
Gore lost North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Virginia and Alabama, and last time I checked he was white, and he got more votes than Dubya did. Where was the racist brigade then?

Gore isn't Obama, I said IF OBAMA WAS WHITE... read, it's not hard...

Either way, I don't think we'll ever come to a conclusion here, I think we should just call it at this, I cba...
weflycars
Gore isn't Obama, I said IF OBAMA WAS WHITE... read, it's not hard...

Based off precendent, white dems don't win Southern states. Simple.

Latest

Trending

Trending