The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm gonna go for Notiingham! but for a prelim year. I have the right grades but no second science! Its very compettitive so i've heard. No idea on stats though sorry!
Reply 2
Ruthi-SH
Just checking this out, i know they interview but I was wondering, just hwo difficult is it to get into nottingham for pharmacy? how many applications is there per place or what a levels and work experience should you be aiming for

Thanks

Hiya, don't know if this is too late or not, but i found out that for Nottingham it's approx. 12.5 applications per place (not good at all :frown:)
Reply 3
Ruthi-SH
Just checking this out, i know they interview but I was wondering, just hwo difficult is it to get into nottingham for pharmacy? how many applications is there per place or what a levels and work experience should you be aiming for

Thanks

Pharmacy itself is quite competitive, Nottingham is one of the best so its no surprise that it will be difficult. If you have the required grades, then i see no reason why you wouldnt obtain an interview to be honest. Im assuming you are in Yr 12? In this case i would say get some work exp done, in a community pharmacy or hospital if you can , just to bolster the application, after all every little helps. You should be aiming for at the least a BBB prediction at A2, although for top universities like Aston, KCL, LSOP, Nottingham, Manchester, LJMU etc you should be prepared for the notion of an ABB or even AAB for pharmacy.

Btw, Fizzee, i applied for Aston too :biggrin:
Reply 4
currently in 3rd year. it's a great course and obviously competitive.
but u must have strong desire to show during interview and idea where u're going to put urself in pharamceutical sector.
reading journals abt pharmacy counselling and position of pharmacist in society would help =)
good luck!
Reply 5
The interview is supposedly very difficult? I've got one coming up, and by the sounds of it they test your scientific knowledge and maths :confused: this has really worried me.... How bad is it? Does anyone know the sort of stuff they ask?
Reply 6
x Nish
The interview is supposedly very difficult? I've got one coming up, and by the sounds of it they test your scientific knowledge and maths :confused: this has really worried me.... How bad is it? Does anyone know the sort of stuff they ask?

I have heard but don't quote me on this that they asked you to do a long division sum...so its basic maths
Reply 7
SkySantosh
Pharmacy itself is quite competitive, Nottingham is one of the best so its no surprise that it will be difficult. If you have the required grades, then i see no reason why you wouldnt obtain an interview to be honest. Im assuming you are in Yr 12? In this case i would say get some work exp done, in a community pharmacy or hospital if you can , just to bolster the application, after all every little helps. You should be aiming for at the least a BBB prediction at A2, although for top universities like Aston, KCL, LSOP, Nottingham, Manchester, LJMU etc you should be prepared for the notion of an ABB or even AAB for pharmacy.

Btw, Fizzee, i applied for Aston too :biggrin:

Cool! Where else did you apply?

Latest