The Student Room Group
If you intend on practicing Law in England then I don't see the point in studying Law at Harvard? Yes it's a good university but I suspect it would be quite expensive to live and study there, only to come back to England and do a conversion course for Law. I'm not sure what you mean by 'settled'?
Reply 2
sophielkxx
I was thinking of applying to Harvard for Law. My friend also has and has been to see the Uni (when on holiday).

Do you think doing American law and then coming back and doing a conversion course would be wise?

I only ask because I was wondering if the stigma of going to such a good Uni is enough to have you "settled" as such, as Harvard is the best Uni in the world?!

Thanks xxx

Law in America is a postgrad qualification.
Reply 3
plus Harvard gives a hell lot of financial aid. My sissy got a free ride @ Yale.
As someone mentioned earlier, in America, Law is a post-grad qualification...
BadExaminee
plus Harvard gives a hell lot of financial aid. My sissy got a free ride @ Yale.

There is almost no financial aid at any professional school in the country. You can't expect to receive aid when applying to Law, Business, Medicine, or most master's programs.
Reply 6
WhoNeedsIvyLeague
There is almost no financial aid at any professional school in the country. You can't expect to receive aid when applying to Law, Business, Medicine, or most master's programs.

Silly lil' you. Sure you can get financial aid as long as you aren't applying for law or medicine.
adilmorrison
As someone mentioned earlier, in America, Law is a post-grad qualification...

Does that mean you need a degree to progress on to studying Law or that studying Law itself in America, provides you with a post-grad qualification?
BadExaminee
Silly lil' you. Sure you can get financial aid as long as you aren't applying for law or medicine.

Well, loans (which I suppose are financial aid) are common, but scholarships and grants are not. How many people do you know on full rides at a law, med, or business school?
libertine861
Does that mean you need a degree to progress on to studying Law or that studying Law itself in America, provides you with a post-grad qualification?

You need to have an undergraduate degree to study law.
WhoNeedsIvyLeague
Well, loans (which I suppose are financial aid) are common, but scholarships and grants are not. How many people do you know on full rides at a law, med, or business school?

Well pal, if you haven't noticed, I said except at medical and law schools, you can get a lot of financial aid (not loans).
BadExaminee
Well pal, if you haven't noticed, I said except at medical and law schools, you can get a lot of financial aid (not loans).

OK, but that still leaves business schools and the vast majority of master's programs with limited aid. You're expected to pay your own way through MBA's, MPH's, and even most master's programs in academic fields. PhD programs are the key exception. If you go to a good uni for a PhD then you should be able to get a tuition waiver and stipend.

Latest

Trending

Trending