The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Ask the admissions office, they'll be able to give you a definitive answer - we won't.
Reply 2
lj789
Hey guys I am taking the IOT for Computer Science admission on 5th Nov. I used to have 25% extra time in all my exams in this summer. I m just wondering will I get 25 % extra time in the IOT as other standard exams?? Anyone knows about this?

Best to check with the Maths Faculty: earl [at] maths.ox.ac.uk

You'll probably have to indicate on your script that you've had 25% extra time but it shouldn't be a problem.
Reply 3
when i did it, the test was designed so that time wasn't a limiting factor- so if they don't give you extra time, don't panic (and i don't know why they wouldn't)- you should be okay.
Reply 4
If I phone up the colleges to ask about extra time, will that catch their attention and think that it is unfair to allow me to have extra time, whereas everyone else is having 2.5 hours?
lj789
Hey guys I am taking the IOT for Computer Science admission on 5th Nov. I used to have 25% extra time in all my exams in this summer. I m just wondering will I get 25 % extra time in the IOT as other standard exams?? Anyone knows about this?

YES. You will. I have a specific learning disorder as well and am getting 25% extra time. You need to speak to your examinations officer and he/she will be able to sort out the arrangements for you.
This is being done for me. And dang! 25% more is a hell of a lot more time. 37 whole minutes.

Good luck.
lj789
If I phone up the colleges to ask about extra time, will that catch their attention and think that it is unfair to allow me to have extra time, whereas everyone else is having 2.5 hours?

No way. you have been given 25% extra time for a reason. They will not look upon you unfavourably.

Latest

Trending

Trending