The Student Room Group

personal statement question

Hey, I'm doing my PS at the moment as a private candidate (or rather attempting it), and for now I'm just sort of doing a spider diagram of what to include.

However, the subject im planning to take varies; three of the uni's im applying for is Law with Business, one is simply Law whilst the other is a Law with Politics course.

So, do i do three different PSs, tailored to each? Or simply one and just concentrate on the Law aspect?

And if i *do* have to do three seperate ones, how do i approach talking about why i want to do Law with Business for example? Discuss why i want to do Law, then Law with Business sort of thing?

Argh I can't wait for this to be over :frown:
Reply 1
For the UK you only get to write ONE PS, which would need to satisfy all the courses. I'd focus mainly on law, but mention your interest in business and politics (but only in a line or two) as well
Although I'm not too clear on private candidates, as far as I'm aware you can't have three different PS's, you can only have one. Therefore you need to write one PS that is mainly focussed on law with elements of business and politics linked in...

Hope that helps

(beaten to it!)
GlitteryFairy
Although I'm not too clear on private candidates, as far as I'm aware you can't have three different PS's, you can only have one. Therefore you need to write one PS that is mainly focussed on law with elements of business and politics linked in...

Hope that helps

(beaten to it!)

oh ok, well i did business and politics at A-level so ill just bring them into it.

Reply 4
just have maybe three or four sentences on business and another 3 or 4 for politices and have the rest talking about law.
Reply 5
Write one personal statement that has the majority of content about law, expressing your interest in business and politics intertwined somewhere or other. That's sort of what I did for my PS because I'm applying for 5 more-or-less different courses.

Latest

Trending

Trending