The Student Room Group
Reply 1
go on the ps section of the site, there's some sociology statements there.
remember to write what you've read and what skills you have to bring to the course.
Look at the course details for the places you are applying for and concentrate on what parts of it you are looking forward to, and what you are most interested and why. Read around the subject, then talk about what books you have read and what you have got from them/why you liked them etc. And I agree reading other people's personal statements for inspiration is a good idea :smile:
Reply 3
Thing is, i havent read any books about sociology lol. I just read loads of books in general.
randomgeeza
Thing is, i havent read any books about sociology lol. I just read loads of books in general.

Ever heard of a textbook called Giddens Sociology? . . .if you have, I recommend you go into Waterstones oneday and have a flick through that book. Its such a good thorough book, jam packed with loads of Sociological issues, theorists and so on. And is also very up to date too, latest version is 2006.

To me that book is like a bible to me - I always refer to it for going over lectures i haven't understood and etc.

So yea, try and find a copy and have a good read. :smile:
Reply 5
Sounds good. Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending