The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im still waiting for my offer as well (mechanical engineering)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
shyamp
im still waiting for my offer as well (mechanical engineering)

Quite the optimist, aren't you?
Reply 3
I applied 18th October last year and received an offer around the second week of February....so, I had quite a wait. Best of luck! :wink:
Reply 4
UpTheBracket.
Quite the optimist, aren't you?

Haha.

I applied on 13th October, and got an offer some time in March I think. Ages! A lot of law applicants (I haven't really spoken to people from other subjects about it, so can't comment for them), had quite a long wait for their replies. Not all of them, by any means, but it certainly wasn't uncommon.
Reply 5
Applied 17th October, got offer 3rd December, so not too bad, but i think it really depends on what course you apply for.
Good Luck :smile:
Reply 6
any 1st year engineers plz?
Within two days. :p: But i was confirmed before i even applied. It really depends on the course. Some departments take ages (management) some are quite quick.
Reply 8
pcok
Haha.

I applied on 13th October, and got an offer some time in March I think. Ages! A lot of law applicants (I haven't really spoken to people from other subjects about it, so can't comment for them), had quite a long wait for their replies. Not all of them, by any means, but it certainly wasn't uncommon.

That will positively kill me I think! Do you know how strict they are on the B at AS? I have AAAc and I thought, bugger it, I'll apply...and now I'm terrified! :rolleyes:
Reply 9
jodie_lee
That will positively kill me I think! Do you know how strict they are on the B at AS? I have AAAc and I thought, bugger it, I'll apply...and now I'm terrified! :rolleyes:

Thing is, that's a requirement, they don't just put it there for a laugh, and people always say can will it be okay if they don't have the B at AS, but if your school offer you the opportunity to take a fourth AS, then the B is a requirement of the offer. They may make you an offer with the presumption that you will resit a module or two and if you got AAAc on results day you won't have met the offer, but you could get in if a load of people miss their grades, but to be honest I would just resit a module or two, it's not worth the risk.

Good luck!
Reply 10
i applied for law on october 14 and just received an offer today :-)
Reply 11
AlysonJ220
i applied for law on october 14 and just received an offer today :-)

i also applied for law, on the very same day....havent even had an acknowledgment yet!:frown:
Reply 12
eve_22
i also applied for law, on the very same day....havent even had an acknowledgment yet!:frown:

Haha, I applied that day too...think I've had an acknowledgement though.
Reply 13
jodie_lee
Haha, I applied that day too...think I've had an acknowledgement though.

Its quite comfusing, as I got my LSE and UCL ones two days after applying! Oxford came through almost two weeks later, in the form of a letter rather then an email...

However, I have emailed them (to inform of additional modules I have signed up for at college) and got a reply, saying that all this info will be added to my application...so I guess they at least have it and know that it exists :smile:

Btw, does anyone on here know whether they wait until february/march or so to make the decisions on mature student applications, like for example QMUL?
Reply 14
eve_22
Its quite comfusing, as I got my LSE and UCL ones two days after applying! Oxford came through almost two weeks later, in the form of a letter rather then an email...

However, I have emailed them (to inform of additional modules I have signed up for at college) and got a reply, saying that all this info will be added to my application...so I guess they at least have it and know that it exists :smile:

Btw, does anyone on here know whether they wait until february/march or so to make the decisions on mature student applications, like for example QMUL?

Actually, I just looked in my emails and I can't actually find one...hmm.
Reply 15
jodie_lee
Actually, I just looked in my emails and I can't actually find one...hmm.

King's don't send out acknowledgements.

The first you will hear from them, if you get an offer, is your official offer letter.

Unless you get an interview; I think some of my mates here had interviews.
Reply 16
pcok
King's don't send out acknowledgements.

The first you will hear from them, if you get an offer, is your official offer letter.

Unless you get an interview; I think some of my mates here had interviews.

I had an acknowledgment. But it said to remember to take the LNAT (which I already had) and to send in my transcript from my current uni. I called to make sure that wasn't a sign that there was a problem with my LNAT/application matching up and they said no, that it was a general message that they send to all law applicants (I guess they added the bit about the transcripts for me).
Reply 17
eve_22

I'm a mature applicant technically (since I'm 21), but I don't know if it was different for me since I never took a break from school.
Reply 18
AlysonJ220
I had an acknowledgment. But it said to remember to take the LNAT (which I already had) and to send in my transcript from my current uni. I called to make sure that wasn't a sign that there was a problem with my LNAT/application matching up and they said no, that it was a general message that they send to all law applicants (I guess they added the bit about the transcripts for me).

Fair enough. They didn't send out any last year, which was awful because when it got to like Feb/March time, for those of us who hadn't received offers/rejections, it became "omg...what if they didn't get my application? Or they've lost it???!"
Reply 19
I've just had an offer for Computer Science!