The Student Room Group

How long will I have to wait?

So, I sent my application the 10th of October. The universities are Oxford (Hist&Pol), LSE (Gvt&Hist), UCL (ESPS), St. Andrews (IR&Hist), and Edinburgh (Hist&Pol).

Can I assume to get any offers in 2008? Apparently Edin and LSE are some of the slowest, but what about St. Andrews? Oxford interviews are in Dec, and the guys I know who applied last year (for PPE, though) got to know just before Christmas. As UCL has interviews for UK residents, I suppose they won't tell me anything before Christmas either?

Will I really have to wait until Jan-March?

Sorry for my impatience, btw.
Reply 1
Slothuus
So, I sent my application the 10th of October. The universities are Oxford (Hist&Pol), LSE (Gvt&Hist), UCL (ESPS), St. Andrews (IR&Hist), and Edinburgh (Hist&Pol).

Can I assume to get any offers in 2008? Apparently Edin and LSE are some of the slowest, but what about St. Andrews? Oxford interviews are in Dec, and the guys I know who applied last year (for PPE, though) got to know just before Christmas. As UCL has interviews for UK residents, I suppose they won't tell me anything before Christmas either?

Will I really have to wait until Jan-March?

Sorry for my impatience, btw.

Out of those, I applied to Oxford, LSE, St. Andrews and UCL - Oxford was the first one I heard back from, on (iirc) Dec 13. So you are probably in for a long wait, yep. Unless they're much slower at replying for straight History...
Reply 2
rkd
Out of those, I applied to Oxford, LSE, St. Andrews and UCL - Oxford was the first one I heard back from, on (iirc) Dec 13. So you are probably in for a long wait, yep. Unless they're much slower at replying for straight History...

Oh, okay... I'll just have to accept that, then :smile:

Where did you end up?
Reply 3
Slothuus
Oh, okay... I'll just have to accept that, then :smile:

Where did you end up?

Check the sig :wink: (and yep, I'm loving it).

Which college did you apply to?
Reply 4
rkd
Check the sig :wink: (and yep, I'm loving it).

Which college did you apply to?

Oh I have disabled signatures but now I see :smile:

I chose Lincoln College!
Reply 5
Slothuus
Oh I have disabled signatures but now I see :smile:

I chose Lincoln College!

Possibly a good choice - don't think I remember actually seeing Lincoln so far! There's a rowing crewdate with them next week, though, so hopefully they have good food and a good bar. I did meet some guys from there at the Union, and they do seem really nice.
Reply 6
oh Slothuus, i will be sharing your frustration and agony and waiting!!
lets keep updating this post if we get offers
ive applied for
St.Andrews - IR&Hist
and LSE IR&Hist
(and then Exeter IR+Hist, Newcastle Pol+Hist, Leeds Int.Hist+Pol)

st andrews is the one i have my heart set on
completely in love with the course and place
so the wait is KILLING ME!!!......arrrrgh im so scared!
Reply 7
Sheffield was surprisingly quick, got my offer from there in 2 weeks. Aberystwyth is meant to be quick too...I know these aren't any of the unis that you're applying to, but thought I'd say for the record anyway :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending