The Student Room Group
Reply 1
my teacher would charge £17 an hour
Reply 2
amo1
Hey ive been asked to tutor some people at school... i was just wondering how much is the going rate and wheather to do it in a class room or lesson plans advice or anything that would be helpful

how about doing it for the love of education and do it for free. :smile:
Reply 3
!Laxy!
how about doing it for the love of education and do it for free. :smile:

n monkeys may fl.....
Reply 4
amo1
n monkeys may fl.....

:deal:
Reply 5
but you're an a-level student...

there's plenty of people out there with degrees and teaching experience. surely if someone was gona pay for tuition, that's who they'd be paying?

get off your high horse and do it for free. if you're really so good, you'll be rewarded by seeing them go on to get amazing grades.
Reply 6
Orrr....just do it for cheap so ppl dont go elsewhere. Do it for like £10 and hour.
about £5-£7/hour seems reasonable.
Reply 8
do it in classroom after college, do it for free!

you'll get respect from the pupils (probably) and some free perks from the staff (maybe)
Reply 9
i taught a friend of mine gcse maths every week for free
Reply 10
No if he does it for free then people will just take advantage of him.

I'd say £5-10 should do.

Euclid.
Reply 11
lame
about £5-£7/hour seems reasonable.

i think this is the best value, for my sevices... all the finances would be sorted out by the parents anyway
Reply 12
stephx
but you're an a-level student...

there's plenty of people out there with degrees and teaching experience. surely if someone was gona pay for tuition, that's who they'd be paying?

get off your high horse and do it for free. if you're really so good, you'll be rewarded by seeing them go on to get amazing grades.

not vey nice.... i can do maths and this guy can't... i need some extra money... and i dont agree with those who can teech, i dont get rewards from that kind of stuf (not being rude but thats just not me)
Reply 13
Some of my friends teach maths to people in year 11 and below for free.
Reply 14
amo1
not vey nice.... i can do maths and this guy can't... i need some extra money... and i dont agree with those who can teech, i dont get rewards from that kind of stuf (not being rude but thats just not me)

being good at a subject doesn't mean you're able to teach it though.

how old is this guy anyways?
Reply 15
stephx
being good at a subject doesn't mean you're able to teach it though.

how old is this guy anyways?

hes gcse's and i think ill be fine do u have any advice on lesson planns :biggrin:
Reply 16
what does he need to know?
Reply 17
amo1
hes gcse's and i think ill be fine do u have any advice on lesson planns :biggrin:

check out bbc bitesize thing, they have some lesson plans and printable worksheets and stuff.

how well do you know him?

maybe its just me, seems cheeky to charge for this sort of thing. if your hearts not really in it then will it do much good?

Latest