The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i think the AS year was best to be honest, this year theres too much pressure to do well!
last year was cool cos u were in the whole oh i can retake it anyways mood. but now its like argh i failed a module in jan so thats another for june.
i find myself not thinking about stuff that i used to just because work is just a huge part of this year argh
i hate it. I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.

I think that answers you question :biggrin:
Reply 22
wild thing
i hate it. I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.

I think that answers you question :biggrin:

but why? does your school not have pep rallies? and football games on friday nights? HIGH SCHOOL is all about the

parties
friends
and
freedom :aetsch:

OF COURSE, to my parents (predictably) its all about the
homework
studying
my future
grades
univeristy
pressure
SAT
grades grades grades FUTURE grades grades grades FUTURE! :hmpf:
Reply 23
curryADD
what is sixth forum? is it high school? :confused:

(can you tell I'm an american? :biggrin: )

sixth form is grade 11 and 12 for americans
Reply 24
Hmm. I never get homework.
I have to motivate and teach myself as much as possible as nobody is going to do it for me.
It's definitely not as good a situation as it sounds. Be thankful you have people to work you hard.
littlelaura
:hello:
does anyone else HATE sixth form!? :hmpf:

YES!!
Reply 26
It was bearable in Year 12, but now its horrible. So YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!
Year 12 was the worst year of my life. I hadnever been so down. :frown: This year I have tried to be more positive but I'm just sick of seeing the same old people who aren't even proper friends, same old [crap, bitchy] teachers, same old tiny little building which is like a prison i.e. nothing to do etc! NEED CHANGE NEED CHANGE NEED CHANGE!
Reply 28
In year 12, there's bound to be lots of work. But now, you might have taken less courses/dropped some, so the work load might not be that much.
Reply 29
SiAnY
Year 12 was the worst year of my life. I hadnever been so down. :frown: This year I have tried to be more positive but I'm just sick of seeing the same old people who aren't even proper friends, same old [crap, bitchy] teachers, same old tiny little building which is like a prison i.e. nothing to do etc! NEED CHANGE NEED CHANGE NEED CHANGE!

Sounds like me :frown: Last year was okay but this year is crap crap crap. Don't ever feel like going in!
Reply 30
thats the thing tho...i already feel like that and ive only been there for like 4 months!!! i just get nagged at ALL the time....theres no freedom with the work! i understand its for my own good but because of the pressure and work i dont want to go to university or even carry on!!!
Reply 31
SiAnY

its completely the same for me. The teachers are a bit more approachable but i hate the ppl. bin at the same school for years and just wanna get out!!!
To everyone that has said they're sick of the same students, teachers and buildings and need change; why didn't you change to a different school for 6th form or go to a 6th form/FE college? Was it because there aren't any near you or they don't offer the subjects you wanted to do? With me, I wanted to go to my local FE college, but they stopped offering French because not enough people wanted to take it :frown: Sixth form's great most of the time. It sounds weird, but my least favourite times are break, lunch and frees because I'm always sitting on my own. The lessons themselves are great, except when certain teachers treat you like Year 7s :rolleyes:
curryADD
but why? does your school not have pep rallies? and football games on friday nights? HIGH SCHOOL is all about the

parties
friends
and
freedom :aetsch:

OF COURSE, to my parents (predictably) its all about the
homework
studying
my future
grades
univeristy
pressure
SAT
grades grades grades FUTURE grades grades grades FUTURE! :hmpf:

hehehehe....why do I hate it..coz my headmaster forced me to do 6 alevels just that I've dropped physics. SO yeah I'm taking 5..i think taht says it all :biggrin:
AND the girls in my class are just unbearable!! They all act like hteyre 10000 yr old man!They're now in this snob mood that everything is beneath them :rolleyes: can't wait to get out of that craphole
Reply 34
My college is called a sixth form but isn't part of a secondary school :confused:

I'm guessing it has something to do with what qualifications they offer?
erk-
My college is called a sixth form but isn't part of a secondary school :confused:

I'm guessing it has something to do with what qualifications they offer?

Yeah. There are 3 different places:

-Sixth form. Part of a secondary school and offers A-levels, AVCEs, GCSE re-sits and GNVQs.
-Sixth form college (yours). Offers the same courses as a sixth form but is only for those aged 16+.
-FE college. Offers the same courses as the others, plus BTECs, NVQs and other vocational courses. Only for those aged 16+.
Reply 36
SiAnY
I'm just sick of seeing the same old people who aren't even proper friends, same old [crap, bitchy] teachers, same old tiny little building which is like a prison i.e. nothing to do etc! NEED CHANGE NEED CHANGE NEED CHANGE!

exactly! Year 12 was ok, the freedom etc was a novelty and work was less pressing. but now! its dull and important - the worse combination. I just cannot wait to get out of here and go to uni
Sixth Form is alright.I loved it at first but the novalty soon wore off then I hated it and seriously considered dropping out.However sixth form life has got better as I've more friends now and am getting better at all my subjects.
Reply 38
Most people that hate sixth form is that you are in the first year of it (year 12), and can't get use to it. Half way through year 12 or beginning of year 13, you will get use to it.
kellywood_5
To everyone that has said they're sick of the same students, teachers and buildings and need change; why didn't you change to a different school for 6th form or go to a 6th form/FE college? Was it because there aren't any near you or they don't offer the subjects you wanted to do? With me, I wanted to go to my local FE college, but they stopped offering French because not enough people wanted to take it :frown: Sixth form's great most of the time. It sounds weird, but my least favourite times are break, lunch and frees because I'm always sitting on my own. The lessons themselves are great, except when certain teachers treat you like Year 7s :rolleyes:

I didn't go anywhere else because the nearest college was a really long bus journey away (£££) and they had long days = get home v. late and be tired.

Latest

Trending

Trending