The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
hello again, would absolutely love to, although when and where do the tickets go on sale? and quel pris?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
I'm in the Red Cross so technically could apply to be a first aider there but it'd be a bit silly to fly over specifically for that! I'll be in NI in the summer, hopefully with a decent job.

The most recent batch of tickets went on sale last Friday but I don't think they're sold out.

Now back to essay, eurgh...(I thought community diagnosis was bad, the family project is definitely worse!)
Reply 182
Meltdown30
I'm in the Red Cross so technically could apply to be a first aider there but it'd be a bit silly to fly over specifically for that! I'll be in NI in the summer, hopefully with a decent job.

The most recent batch of tickets went on sale last Friday but I don't think they're sold out.

Now back to essay, eurgh...(I thought community diagnosis was bad, the family project is definitely worse!)

oh good gracious me. the community diagnosis project is dire. I've been sick so so far all i've done has been wondering about Paisley. What on earth am I suppose to write in the essay?! :woo: :eek3:
I had the West End so every single day going to uni reminded me of it! :tongue: It was a pretty hard area to write about as it's so big and varies so much! Give me pharmacology essays any day!!!

The family that mine essay is about live in a really deprived area in the East End (DepCat 7, that sort of thing) but they don't show any evidence of deprivation. :confused: (For the family project, you visit a family with a baby or toddler and write about the things that affect their health and development etc.)

I'll hopefully get it finished tomorrow as I want the weekend to do other stuff and I've got pretty much 9-5 class on Thursday and Friday, urgh. Then Red Nose Cheesy Pop, yayyyyy! :biggrin:
Reply 184
'ello - Anyone mind answering a (fragmented series of) question/s?

How far is it from Central Station to the Uni? (I mean, i have a map, but its difficult to tell). What is involved in getting there? Subway? Bus? How long would it take to walk?
Nude

How far is it from Central Station to the Uni? Very far, not walking distance (I mean, i have a map, but its difficult to tell). What is involved in getting there? Subway? Bus? How long would it take to walk? You can get a bus from town, or you can get a subway which will leave you 2 minutes away from campus

There
Meltdown30

Then Red Nose Cheesy Pop, yayyyyy! :biggrin:

Didn't hear about that. Do you know if the GUU are doing anything?
Reply 187
Nude

How far is it from Central Station to the Uni? (I mean, i have a map, but its difficult to tell). What is involved in getting there? Subway? Bus? How long would it take to walk?

walking would take about 45 minutes really, best option is to jump on the subway
Rizzletastic
Didn't hear about that. Do you know if the GUU are doing anything?

I'm not sure, I'm not around the GUU much. The QM is much closer to the medical building and the food is so much better! (I also get in free to the QM because I'm on the committee of a society that's affiliated with it. :ninja:)

From Central Station, get on the subway at St Enoch and get off at Hillhead. That'll take you to the end of University Avenue.
Reply 189
Doesn't any student of the University of Glasgow get into the QMU for free? :smile:

QMU membership (free) cards needed after something like 5-6pm.
Anyone can get in free during the day, membership cards are usually needed at night. Or someone with one can sign you in if you don't have one.
It's only for Cheesy Pop and Rev that you have to pay in ater 10pm. (£2 for members.) There's Pins and Needles and Bedlam on every so often too but I haven't been (and I'm not sure I get in free to those.)

I'm hoping this society-committee continues next year! :p: It only started about two months ago but it's saved me about £10! I'm a Cheesy Pop addict. :redface:
Reply 192
Bedlam you wouldn't get in free for, because it's not a QM event, it's an external promoter hiring the QM. But damn it, it's WORTH paying £4 to go to it. :biggrin:
Yeah, I thought so. I don't own nearly enough (or any) latex and leather to go to Bedlam! :p:

10 Hour Cheesy on Friday! :eek::biggrin:
Reply 194
comparing the 12 hour cheesy poster and the 10 hour one, 10 hour simply does not have that much on it,course id go to 10 hour cheesy pop just to sit in jims bar for 10 hours but im fighting a losing battle to getother (boring) people to go, whoda thought bewitched wouldnt entice everyone
May go to Cheesy on Friday, although it has been pretty disappointing in the past though.
Ahem, hi

I have a question regarding the tuition for bachelor for business and management...'cause i couldn't find it anywhere...and I'm in a pinch 'cause i need to fill in the documents about the scholarships and stuff and was wondering how much in fact i m to pay for a full year ?
and I m a EU member~ i think this should matter from what I understood by reading that thousands of pages.
So, can you give me a hand and tell me how much is it?

cheers
Geri
Michi-chan
Ahem, hi

I have a question regarding the tuition for bachelor for business and management...'cause i couldn't find it anywhere...and I'm in a pinch 'cause i need to fill in the documents about the scholarships and stuff and was wondering how much in fact i m to pay for a full year ?
and I m a EU member~ i think this should matter from what I understood by reading that thousands of pages.
So, can you give me a hand and tell me how much is it?

cheers
Geri

The SAAS site should help you out.
Reply 198
Anyone hitting 10-hour hive tomorrow :biggrin: ?
Reply 199
Pixelled
Anyone hitting 10-hour hive tomorrow :biggrin: ?

nope, cheesy :smile: after i finally get this stupid coursework finished...1447 words left to go lol

Quick Reply

Latest