The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArcadiaHouse
I hope he's as sound as everyone says he is :redface:

He will be. One of my other friends who is one of his advisees got given a book by him at their first meeting "because she looked like she needed a new book to peruse" :awesome:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 3961
Anyone else missing the sciences induction? I won't be able to make it.. Am I missing a lot?
Reply 3962
Are the login details in a certain format or are they just random? MyGlasgow now has the MyCampus thing at the side, but I haven't got an email with login details yet :frown:
Reply 3963
Original post by G8D
GUID and usual password.

Tried that already, not working :frown:
FINISHED! :woo:

Love my timetable, got to say :biggrin:
Reply 3965
Seriously gonna go mental, got my email and everything but it's telling me my GUID and/or password is invalid!! Grrrrrrrr
Original post by bex285
Seriously gonna go mental, got my email and everything but it's telling me my GUID and/or password is invalid!! Grrrrrrrr

... do not know your situation but ...

First of all, if you are a new student and you know your GUID, your password will be your birthday (not sure in which forms though, you wil have to check the website).

Secondly, if you are a continuing student, you should be aware of the fact that your password expires every 365 days. If this is the case, have a look here: http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/it/forstudents/passwords/

Thirdly, if you still have got that problem, use this to contact the IT Services
http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/it/helpdesk/itserviceshelpdesk/

Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 3967
Original post by NoCommentMan
... do not know your situation but ...

First of all, if you are a new student and you know your GUID, your password will be your birthday (not sure in which forms though, you wil have to check the website).

Secondly, if you are a continuing student, you should be aware of the fact that your password expires every 365 days. If this is the case, have a look here: http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/it/forstudents/passwords/

Thirdly, if you still have got that problem, use this to contact the IT Services
http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/it/helpdesk/itserviceshelpdesk/

Good luck! :biggrin:

Thanks, I'm a continuing student and my password is working for email and MyGlasgow, just not MyCampus! So confusing. Emailed the helpdesk about an hour ago. Thanks a lot for your help :smile:
Reply 3968
Yay, I'm enrolled :biggrin:
Could anyone tell me how/when we get our lists of books & texts we'll be needing?
I've heard of a few people getting theirs in other departments, but nothing about the college of Arts yet =]
Reply 3970
Original post by sophie4815
Could anyone tell me how/when we get our lists of books & texts we'll be needing?
I've heard of a few people getting theirs in other departments, but nothing about the college of Arts yet =]

The French course convener sent ours out because a few people asked. Just e-mail the one for your department :smile: Last year I remember getting them in the induction week/or week 1? I think.
Original post by conway!
The French course convener sent ours out because a few people asked. Just e-mail the one for your department :smile: Last year I remember getting them in the induction week/or week 1? I think.

Ace thank you!

I was looking at my other two subjects there and I think there's a lot of clashing going on my with original subject ='( going to have to sort it out in my appointment Monday!
Original post by sophie4815

Yes, I'd love to have a darned reading list so I can buy stuff now.

I'm STILL enrolling [curses] but I don't understand when I try to enroll for Comparative Literature 1B and validate it, it says I can't add the class because: "Enrollment Requisites are not met. The SMLC Level 1 Core Culture course is a co-requisite of Comparative Literature 1B."

What on earth does that mean? Because there are no specific entry requirements.

Also, when a tutorial is 'Closed' does that mean you need to enrol for an Open one because it's full?

Argh so many questions. :smile:
Reply 3973
I'll certainly sound like a total nerd, but that has kept me up all night, just dont laugh : D

Does anyone have the notes for Public International Law? I forgot to download and save them and they kicked me out of the page, so I cant download them from Moodle anymore /=
Reply 3974
aw....****....

I just cant remember the deal with the circle and the dot
it was somewhere around the Necker cube. I can literally fry bacon on my head : D
If anyone remembers it - feel free to tell me about it xD
Reply 3975
Original post by G8D

It's probably because I am tired, but I fail to understand whether u are being sarcastic or you are trying to tell me a secret of life and death

:biggrin:
Reply 3976
Original post by G8D
Celtic_Anthony loves Public International Law.
I've quoted him here so that he may be able to help you.

AW!
Thanks.
I'll be the creepiest and nerdiest stalker and ask him lol
Original post by katprocrastinate
Yes, I'd love to have a darned reading list so I can buy stuff now.

I'm STILL enrolling [curses] but I don't understand when I try to enroll for Comparative Literature 1B and validate it, it says I can't add the class because: "Enrollment Requisites are not met. The SMLC Level 1 Core Culture course is a co-requisite of Comparative Literature 1B."

What on earth does that mean? Because there are no specific entry requirements.

Also, when a tutorial is 'Closed' does that mean you need to enrol for an Open one because it's full?

Argh so many questions. :smile:

You can find the SMLC Core Culture Course by looking in 'my requirements', it should be there under comparative lit. It might be different because I applied for comp lit through UCAS, but that's how I found it :smile:
Original post by misshape
You can find the SMLC Core Culture Course by looking in 'my requirements', it should be there under comparative lit. It might be different because I applied for comp lit through UCAS, but that's how I found it :smile:

EDIT: If SMLC is Modern Languages, does that mean I have to take a language as another subject to be able to do Comparative Literature?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3979
Original post by katprocrastinate
EDIT: If SMLC is Modern Languages, does that mean I have to take a language as another subject to be able to do Comparative Literature?

No, you just need to take the Core Culture course. People doing languages need to do this too, but you don't need to do languages to do it, I remember sharing those lectures with CompLit students last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending