The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bex285
No, you just need to take the Core Culture course. People doing languages need to do this too, but you don't need to do languages to do it, I remember sharing those lectures with CompLit students last year.

Ah thanks for the clarification! The Core Culture still clashes with my CompLit or Eng Lang lecture though? Gah this enrollment.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 3981
Does anyone else have difficulty trying to enroll for some courses with "minimum requirements" (eg. " Higher mathematics B or above"? It keeps saying that I don't meet the requirements.. (The course in question is Maths R/S.)
Original post by hst
Does anyone else have difficulty trying to enroll for some courses with "minimum requirements" (eg. " Higher mathematics B or above"? It keeps saying that I don't meet the requirements.. (The course in question is Maths R/S.)

I have the same problem for non-beginners spanish, I assume we can fix it at the adviser of studies meeting, dunno if you're meant to do something before then though :confused:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
He will be. One of my other friends who is one of his advisees got given a book by him at their first meeting "because she looked like she needed a new book to peruse" :awesome:

LOL what a legend :biggrin:

He is a wonderful, charming man. :smug: I whipped my pen out and the lid flew across the room though :facepalm2:

I mentioned you at our meeting! :biggrin:

"Do you have the English Lit reading list?"
"Well, a girl I know doing it sent me one ... :redface: Was it the one with 'Things Fall Apart'?"
"But of course :smug:"

He told me to ask Classics about doing Classics, but the woman is away this week, so I won't know until next week. :redface:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
LOL what a legend :biggrin:

He is a wonderful, charming man. :smug: I whipped my pen out and the lid flew across the room though :facepalm2:

I mentioned you at our meeting! :biggrin:

"Do you have the English Lit reading list?"
"Well, a girl I know doing it sent me one ... :redface: Was it the one with 'Things Fall Apart'?"
"But of course :smug:"

He told me to ask Classics about doing Classics, but the woman is away this week, so I won't know until next week. :redface:

Glad you approve of him!

Ah well, fingers crossed for classics!
Original post by Aurora.
Hi :smile: I lived just outside Glasgow and didn't make it to an open day before I went either, my mind was just stubbornly set that Glasgow was where I was going :tongue: I don't regret it for a second though, I love it to bits :biggrin: What subject are you doing?

English Literature! :biggrin: What about you? I've visited the city a few times and just love the atmosphere.
Original post by Sail Sale
English Literature! :biggrin: What about you? I've visited the city a few times and just love the atmosphere.

Aw I love Glasgow. And now I actually truly live there instead of just outside and I love it even more :biggrin: It is an amazing city and I love the atmosphere and the people and the way it just feels like home for so many people... I'm studying Molecular & Cellular Biology. Or Genetics. Don't have to choose til next year but I feel genetics atm :tongue:
Reply 3987
Original post by Aurora.
Aw I love Glasgow. And now I actually truly live there instead of just outside and I love it even more :biggrin: It is an amazing city and I love the atmosphere and the people and the way it just feels like home for so many people... I'm studying Molecular & Cellular Biology. Or Genetics. Don't have to choose til next year but I feel genetics atm :tongue:

Ooooo! Pick Genetics :biggrin:!!!
Original post by NonaxD
Ooooo! Pick Genetics :biggrin:!!!

Haha I really think I'm going to. Right now it interests me more. But reserving judgement til I've done my level 2 courses, cos you never know I suppose :smile: But yeah, genetics feels like my thing atm. Genes are just awesome :biggrin:
Reply 3989
Original post by Aurora.
Haha I really think I'm going to. Right now it interests me more. But reserving judgement til I've done my level 2 courses, cos you never know I suppose :smile: But yeah, genetics feels like my thing atm. Genes are just awesome :biggrin:

I really hope level 2 doesnt disappoint :frown: and I also hope Ive actually picked the right stuff!
Original post by NonaxD
I really hope level 2 doesnt disappoint :frown: and I also hope Ive actually picked the right stuff!

Level 2 sounds like fun :redface:
Original post by misshape
You can find the SMLC Core Culture Course by looking in 'my requirements', it should be there under comparative lit. It might be different because I applied for comp lit through UCAS, but that's how I found it :smile:

Nice to find other folk doing english lit and comp lit!Also love the moz icon!
Can someone help me with my campus?I'm trying to change from classics to comp lit..I've got rid of classics ,but the comp classes clash with a history course later in the year.. :frown:
Are there many Irish people at Glasgow? :sexface:
Are there many Irish people at Glasgow? :sexface:

I don't know how many in general, but I've come across a fair few in labs and stuff...
Original post by Aurora.
I don't know how many in general, but I've come across a fair few in labs and stuff...

I didn't meet any Irish folk at Strathclyde and was mightily disappointed :frown:

I hope I meet some at Glasgow :colone:
I didn't meet any Irish folk at Strathclyde and was mightily disappointed :frown:

I hope I meet some at Glasgow :colone:

Hahahaha fair enough :cool:
Original post by asobi seksu
Nice to find other folk doing english lit and comp lit!Also love the moz icon!

It is nice :smile:

Also, love the pulp lyrics! :wink:
Original post by misshape
It is nice :smile:

Also, love the pulp lyrics! :wink:

Mmmmmmmmm Pulp lyrics :colondollar:
Just back from my meeting with my Adviser!
Looks likes I'll be doing Theatre Studies, English Lit & Language this year to safe guard me if I do English Lit as a joint honours =]
But I'm looking to do Scottish Lit at level 2 next year (I was told they're often happy for you to do that)
Anyone else in the same boat/been there before? =]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending