Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Glasgow blether thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Hello Well I was in the class that started at 1pm.
    That would be the right class I was confused because my English lit class is at 2
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Out of interest do you know if there's someone called Keith who regularly goes to the Amnesty meetings? Curly dark blonde hair, quite softly spoken, thin lips.

If so I can't stand the **** and I'm afraid I for one can't go to Amnesty International for that reason. :p:
    I don't think so, doesn't ring a bell anyway! I'd probably know him if he did go.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    I don't think so, doesn't ring a bell anyway! I'd probably know him if he did go.
    I wanted to go to Amnesty International tonight but I have lots of things to do for tomorrow so I hope I'll be there next week instead.

I'm in the library with a mountain of books. :indiff:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just out my first lab of the year. Oh lab coat how I missed you
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    See if I want to drop a course and add a new one now before Friday do I need to ask permission or can I just do it if there's spaces? Also anyone who did Ex cos before know if i'll be ok if i've missed the first 2 and a half weeks worth of lectures?
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    I cannot recommend the Zumba class in the gym enough. That is all.

(Original post by NonaxD)
    Just out my first lab of the year. Oh lab coat how I missed you
    Only reason I'm jelly of science students: they get to wear lab coats.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Completely random, but does anyone know of a good hairdresser in Glasgow, preferably in the West End/city centre that isn't ridiculously expensive? I usually get my hair cut at home but at the moment can't see myself going home anytime soon.

Cheers!
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamyeyed)
    Completely random, but does anyone know of a good hairdresser in Glasgow, preferably in the West End/city centre that isn't ridiculously expensive? I usually get my hair cut at home but at the moment can't see myself going home anytime soon.

Cheers!
    The Lunatic Fringe - Bank Street. £20 (IIRC) with a student card and the best goddamn haircut of my life.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really? That sounds great. I got a cut and colour from a place in town that was really good, but I just can't really afford going a lot. So I started colouring myself, but my home made fringe cuts are not very great...
    I might have a look at them tomorrow.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday I gave my brother permission to punch me in the face if I ever develop it.

Apologies if anyone here was there, but about 45 Glasgow uni accent-ers descended on the Laurieston last night (usually a quiet old-man pub) and screamed and shouted and sat far too close and nicked our chairs, and I was going to throw a table
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conway!)
    Apologies if anyone here was there, but about 45 Glasgow uni accent-ers descended on the Laurieston last night (usually a quiet old-man pub) and screamed and shouted and sat far too close and nicked our chairs, and I was going to throw a table
    In a café in the uni this week, someone with the accent asked if they could take a chair while they were carrying it away.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am worried that I might have the accent. I am from abroad and lived in the States for a while, so I got a bit of an American slang in there as well as having adapted some words here, simply because it's not my first language.

Arcadia, did you get a student discount at the lunatic fringe? I read something about it in old reviews but can't find anything on their side.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buecherwurm)
    Arcadia, did you get a student discount at the lunatic fringe? I read something about it in old reviews but can't find anything on their side.
    Yes, I did. They just asked if I was a student when it came to paying, so I said I was and showed them my student card and they took money off.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate Animal Diveristy! They dont actually teach you anything except that they pick up slugs in botanic gardens. And I have this stupud wiki page to write on an animal from the zoology museum. The only problem is that the scienfitic name o the animal ive been assigned is diffrent in the zoology museum that it is in the rest of the world. Honestly no idea why i chose this module.....
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I did. They just asked if I was a student when it came to paying, so I said I was and showed them my student card and they took money off.
    Thank you. I actually walked over today. Their discount is quite a lot, 25 pounds instead of 32.50! They only do discounts from Tuesday to Friday though.
    (And I meant site of course).

How is English going? You enjoying it a bit more now?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NonaxD)
    I hate Animal Diveristy! They dont actually teach you anything except that they pick up slugs in botanic gardens. And I have this stupud wiki page to write on an animal from the zoology museum. The only problem is that the scienfitic name o the animal ive been assigned is diffrent in the zoology museum that it is in the rest of the world. Honestly no idea why i chose this module.....
    I have a few friends doing it. One of them is doing a zoology degree - she loves it. The others are less impressed

In a café in the uni this week, someone with the accent asked if they could take a chair while they were carrying it away.
    I win. I had someone come up to my table while I was sitting with some friends and take a seat away without saying a word. Weird.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurora.)
    I win. I had someone come up to my table while I was sitting with some friends and take a seat away without saying a word. Weird.
    FFS, how hard is it to ask? It would take about three seconds of their life. Absolutely can't stand bad manners.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What is this Glasgow Uni accent thing? What does it sound like?
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duckelf)
    What is this Glasgow Uni accent thing? What does it sound like?
    Your mum.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

Or something.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2014
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.